Maze is caught on tape removing a knife from a murdered former bounty of hers.
Tropes present in this episode include:
- Actually Pretty Funny: One of Maze's past bounties can't stop sobbing and Lucifer is soon giggling at it. Chloe first tells him to stop but soon, she's also snickering at the guy.
- Didn't See That Coming: Said verbatim by Maze when a sniper takes out the guy she's interrogating.
- Enemy Mine: At the end of the episode, Pierce proposes an alliance with Maze as while neither especially likes the other, they can acquire what they want.
- Frame-Up: Maze is being framed for the murder of one of her former bounties.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Even though Lucifer claims that Chloe is free to date anyone she likes, he can barely hide his displeasure about her and Pierce being an item.
- Heartbroken Badass:
Maze: Feelings suck. I am not the one who's supposed to be tortured.
- Maze is an emotional wreck due to all her friends always putting her second after someone else they care about more than her.
Lucifer: Point is, you're right. Feelings and humans suck.
- Lucifer admits that he isn't doing any better than Maze now that Chloe and Pierce are dating.
- I Never Said It Was Poison: How Lucifer and Chloe realize Maze is innocent — her story doesn't match up with the evidence.
- Instantly Proven Wrong: Charlotte snorts that "things can't get any crazier." Lucifer shows his wings.
- Internal Reveal: Lucifer tells Charlotte the full truth of everything that happened after her first death including that he's the actual Devil and that she spent months as the vessel for his celestial goddess mother.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite terrorizing and hurting them, Maze's bounties note that she is actually pretty cool and helped them out.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: Discussed, in relation to Chloe's close bond with Lucifer. Dan says that when you're in love with a woman who owns a cat (the cat being Lucifer, in this example), then you have to learn to tolerate the cat because it and the woman are a package deal. Pierce scoffs that he'd just get rid of the cat.
- Never My Fault: Sebastian's mother blames Maze for the fact that her son died in prison, refusing to accept that he ended up there because he committed a crime and Maze was simply the one who arrested him.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!:
- Linda chews out Amenadiel for telling Charlotte a part of the truth, and asks him to think about whether he's doing it to help Charlotte or for his own benefit.
- When Charlotte later corners Lucifer and asks him if Amenadiel was telling the truth, he blurts out everything to her, unaware that his brother had left out all the details about celestial beings.
- Play-Along Prisoner: Maze turned herself in so she could get a look at Mike's file; after she's done, she easily breaks herself out of jail.
- Real After All: Charlotte has a hard time believing that angels, the devil, and demons are real at first, but when Lucifer shows her his wings, all she can say is "It's real." in a voice filled with awe.
- Relationship Upgrade: Chloe and Pierce have started dating.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Maze decided to leave town, until Pierce came and suggest they team-up to get what they want.Maze: None of you deserve me.
- Shipper on Deck: Ella for Chloe and Pierce, to the extent of mentioning how hot they are together while comforting Lucifer.
- Wham Line: To Chloe.Maze: You're the reason [Lucifer] won't take me home!
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: When Maze says that all she does is destroy things (and friendships), Chloe tells her that's not true; both she and Trixie love her and consider her a good friend.