In an attempt to understand Pierce, Lucifer ropes him into going undercover as a couple. Conveniently, that also helps Chloe's latest investigation.
Tropes present in this episode include:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Charlotte does not seem at all comfortable with Maze hitting on her and invading her body space at every opportunity.
- Affably Evil: The head of the korean gang is extremely friendly and cooperative with Chloe and unconcerned about ending up in jail; it helps that Lucifer promised to give him June's secret formula in exchange for his cooperation.
- The All-Solving Hammer: Maze knows a thousand and one ways of killing celestial beings, but all of them ultimately boil down to getting past their guard and stabbing them with a demon dagger.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Lucifer takes on Korean Power alone while dressed in one of his trademark three-piece suits.
- Brutal Honesty: The leader of the Korean Power, to Chloe after cutting a deal with Lucifer to get his old cook's improved formula...Chloe: ... how did you know we wanted to speak to you?Gang Leader: In my line of work, word gets around, you know?Chloe: And what line of work is that?Gang Leader: Oh, I run the Korean Power.Chloe: (look of disbelief) Oh.Gang Leader: Uh, we are a criminal organisation, specialising in extortion and drug dealing. And yes, Sandra Jang used to cook our Ecstasy.
- Chainsaw Good: Lucifer's first idea on how to kill Cain / Pierce.
- The Comically Serious: Pierce sports an unchanging scowl of irritation throughout the Undercover as Lovers charade.
- Diegetic Switch: When Lucifer walks into Korean Power's base, SHINee's Lucifer can be heard faintly playing in the club, only to switch as Lucifer starts beating up Mooks.
- Exact Words: When Lucifer says he wouldn't say something, he wasn't lying. Saying the same thing in Korean is a different matter however...
- Friendship Moment: Lucifer and Pierce have one in the middle of the party; it gets turned into a straight up Ho Yay moment when Lucifer plants one on Pierce.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: When Maze suggests a threesome between herself, Charlotte, and Dan, the latter is visibly sweating and pulling at his collar to get some air.
- Guy-on-Guy Is Hot: Chloe seems to enjoy watching Lucifer and Marcus kissing.
- Hallway Fight: Lucifer beats the korean mobs to kpop music making his way to their boss in a very Daredevilesque fashion.
- Healing Factor: Pierce's is so potent that he can recover from absolutely every injury, up to and including jumping into an active volcano.Pierce: [The recovery period] was a rough six months.
- Hypocritical Humor: About Lucifer's idea to storm Korean Power's base:Chloe: You can't just walk in there in your three-piece suit and say, "Hello, drug dealers!".
Lucifer: (slightly offended) I would never do that.
(cut to Lucifer walking in the karaoke club)
Lucifer: Annyeong, mayag-sang!! note
- Implacable Man: Lucifer calmly walk down the corridor in the karaoke club while fighting bad guys that pop up from the adjecent doors.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Dan's reaction when he sees Maze propositioning Charlotte. Later, Charlotte also gets a drink to help cope with the unexpected attention.
- I Resemble That Remark!: Contrary to what Chloe believes, Lucifer is not going to just walk to the karaoke bar in his three-piece suit and say "Hello, drug dealers!"; he's going to say it in Korean.
- MasculineFeminine Gay Couple: Lucifer and Pierce in their Undercover as Lovers charade, with the Manly Gay "Marc" and the Camp Gay "Luke".
- Mistaken for Cheating: Anya thought her husband Brian was cheating on her with Sandra causing the latter's death. It turns out Sandra was 'just' his dealer.
- Not So Above It All: Chloe rushes to the window to see with her own eyes Lucifer kissing Pierce.
- Not What It Looks Like: Brian really wasn't having an affair with June; he was just buying drugs from her.
- No-Sell: Lucifer stabs Pierce In the Back with a "demon steel" knife he claims could kill even him. He's genuinely surprised when Pierce pulls it out and walks off.Lucifer: No, I - I don't understand, how does this not work?
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: Pierce apologizes to Lucifer for behaving like an ass; in turn, Lucifer says that while he may not have all the answers, he is a man of his word and is going to do everything he can for Pierce. They're talking about Lucifer's promise to help Pierce die; their guests think they're talking about their marriage.
- Polyglot: In an earlier episode, Lucifer boasted that he can speak every language, and he was shown to speak Chinese. In this episode, he speaks Korean, adding further evidence that his boast is true.
- Refuge in Audacity: Lucifer walks straight into a gang's base, greets them as drug dealers, tells them about an upcoming police raid, and demands to talk to their boss. Of course, Super Strength and Nigh-Invulnerability help back this up.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Chloe Lampshades Lucifer's status as this. Subverted later, when Lucifer dons something other than a three-piece suits for a change: a fluffy pink sweater.
- Ship Sinking: Pierce preemptively torpedoes it, telling Chloe that he's not relationship material.
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Possibly combined with Forceful Kiss; "Luke" pulls "Marc" into one to cement their renewed partnership.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: What Lucifer and Pierce's argument appears to be to their party guests.
- Undercover as Lovers: Lucifer and Pierce have to pose as a married couple. Needless to say, Hilarity Ensues.
- Woman Scorned: Maze tells Lucifer that trying to come up with ways to kill Cain helps her brainstorm on a little problem of her own.note