Lucifer returns to LA after two weeks of absence, and he's not alone. Meet Candy Morningstar, his new wife.
Tropes present in this episode include:
- Buxom Is Better: Candy's chest size doesn't go unnoticed by anyone.
- Dumb Blonde: Candy is a bit spacey. Or, at least, that's what Lucifer wants everyone, and especially his mother, to believe.
- Eating the Eye Candy: No pun intended. Maze is studying Candy's chest and posterior; she's not disappointed by what she's seeing.Maze: (nods in approval) Awesome. Lucifer's outdone himself.
Candy: Thank you!
- Fire-Forged Friends: Dan and Lucifer have come a long way since they met:Chloe: Since when do you guys talk?
Dan: Since he helped me save your life.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: The reason Lucifer returned to LA with a wife? So Chloe would be able to let go of her feelings for him, which Lucifer thinks are the result of God's meddling, even if it means that they won't be together.
- Insistent Terminology: Candy is an exotic dancer, not a stripper.
- Insult Misfire: While interrogating the victim's ex-wife, she can relate to having an immature partner. Lucifer tells Dan not to take it personally.Dan: I'm sure she wasn't talking about me.
Lucifer: Who else could she talking about?
- Jerkass Realization: Mother, upon realizing that her selfish actions and her manipulation of Lucifer might have truly broken his spirit.
- Manchild: The victim, according to his ex-wife. He and his band consider her "uncool".
- Noodle Incident: Candy owed him for saving her in Las Vegas.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Candy is really good at pretending to be nothing more than a ditzy blonde bimbo. Part of her purpose is to find out Mother's plans.Mother: She's a sinister genius.
Amenadiel: Mother. Come on now.
Mother: Here I thought this Candy was an insipid dullard. But she may be the most formidable opponent I've ever faced. I came away with nothing! Not a single crumb of information about Lucifer's real agenda.
- Sarcasm-Blind: Candy is playing with the pendulum of metal balls, annoying Chloe while she's arguing with Lucifer.Chloe: Will you stop that!
Candy: (stops the balls) Sorry, was it annoying?
Chloe: No, I love that sound!
Candy: Okay! (resumes playing)
- She's Got Legs: Candy. Also, Chloe when she's wearing Candy's clothes.
- Shipper on Deck: Candy advises Lucifer not to waste what he has with Chloe. Earlier, she had also told Chloe that Lucifer was a mess in Vegas and she was the only thing on his mind; it's doubtful that Lucifer asked Candy to say this.
- Shout-Out: A Supergirl billboard appeared in the beginning.
- Stealth Insult: The marriage councilor doesn't seem to have a high opinion of "Candy" (actually Chloe in disguise)."Candy:" (to Lucifer, about Candy) And that's why you chose an idiotic, bedazzled tweener as your partner!
Councilor: I'm sorry, Candy, there's no name-calling here... even if it's to yourself.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Lucifer is called out for his actions by several people.