A pair of traveling salesmen happen upon something extraordinary when they are stranded in the Arizona desert. Based on the short story of the same name by Joe Landsale.
- The Alleged Car: The plot is kicked off when the car that the two men are driving in breaks down in the middle of the Arizona desert, forcing them to spend the night there.
- Anachronism Stew: Justified, since the prehistoric animals are the ghosts of every animal that lived in the place since the dawn of time.
- Blood Is Squicker in Water: This happens when the shark eats the young man, even though there's no water.
- Death by Adaptation: The young man survived the original short story; here he is eaten.
- Flying Seafood Special: Justified, since the animals are ghosts
- Fossil Revival: Not exactly, but the idea is similar.
- Icarus Allusion: The young man, overjoyed at the concept of swimming with the prehistoric creatures, ventures upward to join them despite the old man's warning. Cue the shark about to eat him.
- If It Swims, It Flies: The ghostly fish have no trouble 'swimming' through the air.
- Mind Screw: Ghostly fish come out at night, the young man somehow swims up to join them, then a ghost shark eats him.
- Minimalist Cast: Only two characters and some animals appear.
- Nameless Narrative: The protagonists are just credited as "Old Man" and "Young Man".
- Our Ghosts Are Different: There are ghosts of many marine animals that lived in the place over the course of earth's history.
- Skinny Dipping: Since they didn't bring any swimsuits, the young man strips naked when he decides to join the ghost fish for their night time swim.
- The Sky Is an Ocean: The ghostly fish and other marine live swim through the sky as if it where still an ocean. Somehow, the young man is able to join them.
- Stock Desert Interstate: The episode begins with the traveling salesmen's car breaking down somewhere in the Arizona desert. Since it's too hot to walk back to a gas station in the day, they plan to wait the night out there and start walking in the early morning.
- Something Completely Different: A mind-screwy Ghost Story in a predominately sci-fi anthology, applying an unique style of animation to it.
- Spared by the Adaptation: In the original story it was the old man who got eaten, not the young one. Here the young one gets the chomp while the old one lives.
- Threatening Shark: The young man is ambushed and consumed by a ghostly, prehistoric shark.