- Berserk Button: Even mentioning Getaway's name gets Rodimus peeved.
- Distant Prologue: The issue starts 500 years prior to establish new characters Anode and Lug.
- Immediate Sequel: The majority of this story actually takes place shortly after the events of "The Dying of the Light". Specifically, it takes place a day after the main characters recorded the creepy video regarding their final wishes, which no one else would see until 3 weeks afterwards. So while Optimus Prime and the other Autobots dealt with Sentinel Prime and the likes of Baron Karza and the Dire Wraiths, Rodimus and Co. were apparently exploring an alternate Cybertron!
- Spoiler Title: The "Some Other Cybertron" in the title refers to the Cybertron taken over by the Functionist Council.
- Wham Shot: The shot of Functionist Cybertron.
- Wham Line:Twelve-of-Twelve: You can ignore the message. ...I'm going to arrest you anyway.