One night, Iris is babysitting a kid, who prefers for her to sing a lullaby instead of hearing a story. As she does so, Iris' voice unknowingly causes the objects of the room to float around, which entertains the child. When hearing the girl's mom coming in, it stops Iris from singing by surprise causing the objects in the room to fall everywhere. The mess causes the mother to fire Iris.
The following day at the Smoothie Bar, Iris complains to Nathaniel, her childhood friend, about losing her third babysitting job and being unable to sing because strange things happen. He insists that she tries out an audition for a new band in town and to not give up on her dreams. Taking his advice, Iris goes to the audition, where Talia and Auriana aren't enjoying the girls auditioning. Iris gives it a go, which leaves the theater halfway destroyed, and exposed to the dark forces conspiring in Ephedia. Embarrassed, Iris runs off, leaving Talia and Auriana shocked.
Iris is later found by the twins, Praxina and Mephisto. They immediately start attacking her, but Talia and Auriana appear in their princess forms riding on Amaru. They encourage Iris to use her voice to defend herself. It works, and this gives Talia enough time to save Iris. The princesses then take Iris to a cave on the coast. From there, Talia and Auriana reveal to Iris that she's in fact a princess from the magical realm called Ephedia, and that she must prepare herself in finding the Oracle Gems that have been laid hidden within Earth in order to defeat the evil wizard Gramorr and save their kingdom.
They return to Iris' home with Aunt Ellen, suggesting to the latter that Talia and Auriana are exchange students who'll stay over for some time. Aunt Ellen agreed. Talia and Auriana, in secret, start to show Iris how to activate her powers, but it doesn't work, especially as Iris can't even pronounce her home realm's name. Not too soon, they hear a scream, and run out of the house to discover Aunt Ellen and the people on the street were crystallized. Praxina and Mephisto appear, attacking the girls. Talia and Auriana transform into their princess forms and start attacking, but are stuck between Praxina and Mephisto. Fearing for her aunt and her new friends, Iris finally transforms into her princess form. Though not possessing any magical knowledge, she kicks Mephisto, which gives the other girls a chance to fight off Praxina. Trying to help his sister, Mephisto prepares a spell against Talia and Auriana, but Iris summons a small crystal to throw Mephisto off. With the twins cornered, the princesses come together for a stronger spell, Crystal Luxtra, finally defeating the evil twins.
Finally accepting her destiny, Iris looks forward to learning about Ephedia, magic, and being a member of LoliRock. After some practice, the girls do their first concert within Sunny Bay.
- Art Shift: There is one when Talia and Auriana reveal to Iris her origins.
- Flat "What": Iris has one when Talia explains Ephedia is where she really came from.
- Heroic BSoD: Iris has one when she trashes the theater.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Iris has trouble pronouncing Ephedia at first, which is one of the things she complains about.
- Literal-Minded: Iris takes calling herself by name and kingdom too seriously when she says it like she's in an interview, not knowing how to say it until later.
- Also with Talia and Auriana, who name their kingdoms when Aunt Ellen asks which countries they're from.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Iris's voice.
- New Job as the Plot Demands: Iris has been fired from several jobs due to her singing voice making a mess of things.
- Noodle Incident: Three of them. Iris's voice caused her tub to overflow, her mirror to attack her, and the lake behind her house to freeze, trapping some angry ducks.
- Pilot Episode
- Really Royalty Reveal: Iris is revealed to be the Princess of Ephedia and heir to the throne.
- Seen It All: Iris, after hearing someone singing off-key, has this, claiming she isn't the only weird one around.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Talia shuts Praxina up before the fight begins.
- Talia: You talk too much. (shoots Praxina)Praxina: Should I laugh at you instead?
- Wham Shot: Iris's voice unleashes a beam into the sky, which not only attracts the attention of everyone outside, but Gramorr too.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The beginning song and the song Iris sings near the end is BFF, but it is never explained why Revolution was performed instead at the end.