Mrs. Twombly steps outside to find the weather so nice, she props the door to the pet shop open with a chair, inadvertently letting a lot of the local wildlife in, including a squirrel. Blythe runs around getting all of the animals out of the store and has to personally deal with the squirrel.
Later, Mrs. Twombly reads a driving handbook without her glasses and can't make sense of it. She realizes her glasses are missing but decides to continue manning the store without them. Blythe, aware of the trouble this can cause, searches for the glasses by herself. Blythe tries the dumpster and meets up with the squirrel from before, who chastises her for dismissing some of the items in the trash. As he talks about feeling cold but lacks a name, Blythe calls him Shivers and heads back to Mrs. Twombly and lets her know they're not in the dumpster. Mrs. Twombly suggests going to Sweet Delights next door, as she visited there that morning. Blythe heads there with Shivers following, though Shivers is too small to open the door and is trapped outside. When Blythe asks Youngmee if they've seen Mrs. Twombly's glasses, she excitedly calls in her aunt Christie, and the two of them break into a song and dance number about what they've found in their lost-and-found box (appropriately called "Lost and Found Box"). Blythe is momentarily distracted by this song but finds out Mrs. Twombly's glasses are not in it. Blythe once again tells Mrs. Twombly that her glasses are not there.
Shivers sneaks into the day care room, claiming himself to be Blythe's pet she keeps at home. Despite everyone's suspicions, they give him the benefit of the doubt, and he takes everyone's food, water, and other amenities to himself. Blythe walks in, notices Shivers, and remembering Shivers's experience in going through piles of things, asks for his help in finding Mrs. Twombly's glasses. When Blythe leaves, the other pets share their resentment of Shivers. Vinnie, Penny, Minka, and Zoe all realize one of their possessions has gone missing. They start blaming each other, then blame Sunil as he walks by because he's constantly trying to make things disappear with his magic. Sunil points out that his magic wand had gone missing, rendering him unable to disappear anything. As they argue over who took the items, Pepper points out that it's most likely Shivers.
Mrs. Twombly sets out to look for more supplies without her glasses. She picks up Shivers as her purse, which Blythe quickly corrects, and struggles to even get out the door. Blythe returns to the day care room holding Shivers and sees all seven of The Littlest Pet Shop regulars mad at her. Pepper claims that Shivers has been freely stealing things from everyone (with the not-so-notable exception of Pepper herself). When Blythe reassures the pets that they're worrying too much, Shivers goes missing. Zoe tracks Shivers down through smell, and they find Shivers on the ceiling. Pressed and cornered, Shivers desperately makes up stories to try to clear himself when the missing objects start dropping down from the ceiling. Shivers admits he's been stealing things from around The Littlest Pet Shop and shows Blythe his stash in the attic, which he has since filled up with random objects. Blythe searches around but doesn't find Mrs. Twombly's glasses among them.
No longer welcome in The Littlest Pet Shop, Blythe brings Shivers to the park. Blythe tells him he can find squirrel friends and naturally gather things here. Shivers nervously tells Blythe he'll give life in the park a shot and scampers off. At the pet shop, the pets bring the objects in the attic back down, only to find Shivers has returned and taking them back. The pets call for Blythe, and she repeatedly drops Shivers back at the park, only for him to find ways to return to The Littlest Pet Shop. Eventually, Pepper tells him that he needs to find a home at the park, and Shivers points out he does have one there.
Blythe and Pepper go to the park to see Shivers's home, a hollowed tree. Pepper hops in only to see that he has an even bigger stash of stolen objects in the tree with barely even a place to stand. Blythe brings in a trash can to toss out all of the unnecessary things in the tree. Shivers is initially horrified to see this but is comforted in Pepper telling him that this is a natural extension of squirrels storing things for the winter. When Blythe finishes, she gets her head stuck in the tree. Shivers climbs back into the tree and, amazed at seeing how open his home is now, helps Blythe get unstuck. Pepper and Blythe assemble a proper home for Shivers with furniture and a bed. Shivers likes the renovations so much that he chooses to stay in the park from here on out.
Blythe returns to The Littlest Pet Shop to find out that Mrs. Twombly has passed her driving test: Mrs. Twombly says that she found her glasses in her purse along with a lot of acorns.
This episode contains examples of (YMMV entries go here):
- Affectionate Nickname: Blythe names the squirrel Shivers. Shivers then proceeds to call Vinnie "Tiny Dancer" and Zoe "Beautiful Lady."
- Backhanded ApologyZoe: I'm sorry I thought Sunil was that great of a magician. Wait. That didn't sound right.
- Bad Liar: Shivers. And a compulsive one too.
- Bag of Holding: The Lost and Found Box at Sweet Delights is a small cardboard box that, when emptied, fills up the entire floor with random things.
- Bee Afraid: Mrs. Twombly lets a swarm of bees into The Littlest Pet Shop. Blythe has to duck to get out of their way. Pepper is not afraid of them, however. See Genius Bonus in YMMV.
- Blind Without 'Em: Mrs. Twombly can still see, of course, but she frequently mistakes things for other things and cannot read at all.
- Comically Missing the Point: When Shivers disappears in Act 2 after the pets confront him and Blythe, Vinnie comes to the conclusion that Shivers himself has been stolen.
- The Door Slams You: When Shivers tries to follow Blythe into Sweet Delights the door slams into his face.
- Failed a Spot Check: Mrs. Twombly doesn't even notice the wildlife running around the store, just Blythe frantically scrambling about. When she DOES notice a harmless yellow bird on her head, she freaks out.
- Freudian Excuse: Shivers turned to compulsive hoarding, and refuses to leave The Littlest Pet Shop, because his home was near unlivable even before he started stealing things. When Blythe and Pepper fix it up, he stops hoarding.
- Furry Reminder: In-universe. Zoe forgets she's a dog, and Pepper has to remind her.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: At the park, Blythe shows Shivers some normal squirrels "doing things that normal squirrels do." The squirrels she's pointing at are getting ready to mate.
- Hypocritical Humor: Mrs. Twombly leaves the door open so they let nature come in, unaware many animals barged in. Blythe got them all out, except a bird that's on Twombly's head. When Blythe told her, Twombly freaks out.
- Lampshade Hanging: After Blythe returns from Sweet Delights, she recommends to Mrs. Twombly to check the lost-and-found box if she enjoys musical theater. Without any context, Mrs. Twombly is understandably confused.
- Vinnie points out specifically that he has a pair of headphones he wears on his ears. (Geckos don't have visible ears, but Vinnie was drawn with them.)
- List Song: "Lost and Found Box" largely consists of a list of items in Sweet Delights's, well, lost-and-found box.
- Minor Character, Major Song: Except for one small scene, Youngmee and Christie are only in this episode to sing a rather catchy tune.
- Musicalis Interruptus: Shivers stops the "My Small Squirrel" song before it gets out of hand.
- Network Sideswipe: "My Small Squirrel" looks to be a parody of Hub sister show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic in the title and a character who resembles Rainbow Dash; and early iterations of Strawberry Shortcake in its Tastes Like Diabetes dialogue.Shivers: Seriously?
- Noodle Incident: Mrs. Twombly seems to have lost her glasses in unusual places. Blythe is very used to this.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Tabitha St. Germain, as Pepper, loses some of her raspiness and speaks in a higher pitch in Act 2.
- Overly Long Gag: Pepper enjoys talking about smelly things.Pepper: That squirrel smells like trouble! And I know what trouble smells like. It doesn't smell good. Smells like rotten eggs like when you leave eggs in your pocket for a couple of months. Then they get all kinda gray-skinned, starts to steam a little then it—Russell: I GET IT! IT SMELLS!
- Reused Character Design: The three squirrel tourists share the same designs as the "My Small Squirrel" squirrels but with more realistic colors. Earlier, Blythe pointed at two squirrels that resemble Multicolored Stripe and Cotton Candy also with different coloring.
- Shout-Out: "I've been a baaad squirrel."
- Blythe's intervention upon seeing Shivers's house plays out like something from Hoarders.
- Sticky Fingers: Shivers. By the end of Act 2, he realizes it's become a problem.
- Though the fact Shivers is turned off by it, one could see it as a Take That! towards Bronies.
- Tour Guide Gag: Shivers's house is known as the Devil's Mouth Tree Hole to other squirrels and is something of a landmark for squirrel tourists to take photographs of.
- Trash of the Titans: Shivers's real home.
- Truck Driver's Gear Change: Towards the end of "Lost and Found Box."
- You Didn't Ask: Why Blythe never knew Shivers already has a place to live until Act 3. He never brought it up because he's ashamed of his residence.