Lilo tries to use an experiment designed to morph someone into another person to win a skateboarding competition. However, the other person is none other than the American Dragon, Jake Long, who has come to Hawaii to investigate the rumors of "magical creatures" being sighted on the island.
Experiments who were featured or mentioned in this episode:
- Morpholomew (X-316): This episode's Monster of the Week; a reddish goo creature experiment who has the ability to change other creatures into an exact duplicate of whomever they want to be (although the recipient's vocal chords remain the same), provided that he is given visual reference. Also likes fried chicken.
- Reuben (X-625)
This episode has examples of:
- Absentee Actor: This is the only episode in The Series and (apart from The Origin of Stitch short) the only time in the original 2002 to 2006 animated continuity of the franchise where Kevin McDonald's Pleakley doesn't appear.
- An Aesop: As stated by Trixie, you can't just buy someone's love and friendship. You have to earn it.
- Animation Bump: A small one for the American Dragon side; Jake's dragon form's mane and spikes flutter in the wind when he's airborne, which doesn't happen in his originating show.
- Crossover: With American Dragon: Jake Long.
- Crossover Ship: In-Universe; Lao Shi goes out with Mrs. Hasagawa.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: When taken to Gantu's base, Jake protests that "The Am Drag show's about saving magical creatures, not sci-fi!"
- Let's You and Him Fight: When he sees Dragon!Jake coming, Stitch attacks him. They scuffle before Jake!Lilo calls them off.
- Mistaken Identity: Gantu mistaken's Jake's dragon form for Experiment 316.
- Morphic Resonance: Although a person shapeshifted by Morpholomew looks exactly like whomever they're supposed to resemble, the recipient retains their original voice and the same skills and abilities (or lack thereof) that they normally have. The latter means for Lilo that changing yourself to become someone who's good at skateboarding does not mean that you'll instantly become a good skateboarder, too.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Morpholomew loves fried chicken. It becomes his payment for his services when he is hired for his "one true place".