Hank and his dog are mistaken for racists after an African-American repairman (voiced by Bernie Mac) gets bitten by Ladybird.
- "Eureka!" Moment: Ladybird attacking a Caucasian repairman is what finally ends the smear campaign against Hank.
- Hopeless with Tech: Hank tries taking an online "are you racist" test to prove he isn't racist, but his lack of familiarity with computers result in him doing it incorrectly, and the result he ends up getting because of it doesn't help his Mistaken for Racist reputation.
- It's All About Me: Peggy is more concerned about how Ladybird's behavior makes the family appear racist than the fact she's a danger to other people.
- Mistaken for Racist: When Ladybird attacks a black repairman, everyone starts thinking she acted this way because Hank is racist. Doing poorly on an online "are you racist" test (because Hank is Hopeless with Tech) doesn't help his reputation. In the end, it turns out that she actually acted this way because Hank hates repairmen in general, regardless of race, as a white repairman also gets attacked.
- With Friends Like These...: Everyone around Hank immediately believe Hank is racist and treat him with disdain.