Hank struggles with constipation, which Peggy tries to help him and her loose lips makes that secret spread across Arlen.
This episode contains examples of:
- Artistic License Medicine: Discussed by Hank after the doctor tells Bobby the human intestines are long enough too around the world, which he argues is impossible, saying a piece of steak would have to shoot through them faster than the speed of light. Hank isn't wrong, as small intestines are 20 feet long while long intestines are 5 feet long, not even coming close to covering the whole world. And as the doctor, he should know that.
- Bad Dreams: Peggy has one where Hank dies of complications relating to his constipation, which ends with Cotton flushing the coffin into the ground. This scares Peggy when she wakes up and finally convinces Hank to see a doctor.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Peggy, concerned for Hank's well-being, expresses her worries to Nancy, who then proceeds to tell Dale, who then tell the guys, and culminates with Nancy wishing him well on live TV during the weather report.
- Characterization Marches On: Bill, Dale and Boomhauer are concerned over Hank's constipation and try to give him tips to relieve the problem. If that happened on a later episode, the guys would all laugh and joke about it.
- Dropped Glasses: Happens to Hank when his glasses fall into the toilet, with Peggy thinking he finally went.
- Elevator Buttons Mash: Bobby does this before he leaves the elevator, which a couple who's about to have their baby born get on. As a result, the baby is indeed Born in an Elevator.
- Exact Words: Luanne suggests he sees an acupuncturist doctor, where they stick needles in the body and light them on fire, with Hank saying anyone tried that on him, he'd kick his ass. Later on, he sees the acupuncturist and lights them on fire. Cue Hank walking and and kicking him in the ass.
- Fan Disservice: When Dr. Morley first pops in, we get a nice glimpse of Hank's bare ass from his open hospital gown, which he quickly covers with his hands.
- Get It Over With: A mortified Hank during the exam says to kill him now.
- Humiliation Conga: This episode is one big one for Hank. First, Peggy and Bobby try to give him advice, then Peggy speaks to Nancy about it, which she blabs to Dale, who then tells the neighborhood, culminating in Nancy wishing him well during the weather report. And it doesn't get much better when he finally agrees to go to the doctor. He gets a sigmoidoscope inside him to see the problem, with a doctor who's a little too friendly for his liking, Bobby seeing everything as well as a medical student. Plus Peggy babying him, giving him faux-fu and vegetables, enforcing a schedule for bathroom visits and at a restaurant with his friends, is reduced to using a ladies' bathroom. Plus he almost ends up needing surgery to have his colon removed.
- If It Tastes Bad, It Must Be Good for You: Hank goes to a health food store and naturally doesn't find any of the food to help him that appetizing. Even the guy running the store flat-out admits the food doesn't taste good.
- Interrupted Cooldown Hug: Hank gives Peggy a hug to calm her down after talking about being scared of losing Hank. But then, it finally hits Hank as he quickly heads to the toilet and finally goes, much to the joy of the family.
- Mistaken Age: Dr. Morley talks to Bobby about a "fact" about the intestines, he refers to Hank as his grandfather, which Hank corrects him.
- Potty Emergency: Hank is constipated and does various things to help him finally go. He does at the end.
- Recognition Failure: Peggy watches a documentary with C. Everett Koop talking about constipation. Hank walks in, disgusted by Peggy revealing everything, sees Koop and ask if that's Howard Stern.
- Riddle for the Ages: What exactly is Dale's cure for constipation involving bacon grease? All we know is it doesn't involving eating it.
- The Stinger: Hank is on his lawnmower and explains how he did the partial nudity because he felt the script warranted it and apologizes to everyone if they were offended by seeing his backside.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: Peggy makes Hank an ice cream dessert with laxative chocolate sauce. Hank enjoys it at first until Bobby slips out what it really was. Hank was appalled and leaves, letting Bobby finish the rest of it.