It's Valentines Day, and Wade has developed his first crush...on Monique! To win her affection, he invents a love ray, but when the Seniors learn of the device, they intend to use it for their own purposes.
This episode provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion:
- All Up to You: With Kim and Monique both under the effects of the super-powered love ray, it's up to Wade to destroy the machine while Ron distracts Junior.
- Almost Kiss: This episode starts a new Running Gag where Kim and Ron attempt to kiss but are interrupted.
- Bait-and-Switch: At first, the episode looked like it would be focusing on Kim and Ron's first Valentines Day as a couple, but then almost instantly switches to Wade's crush on Monique, much to the ire of many fans.
- Call-Back: Ron references the events of "Mind Games" when he and Wade have to disguise themselves as girls.Ron: 'Kay I've done this before. Of course, I was brain switched with Kim at the time.
Preschool!Kim: You're weird, but I like you.
- Kim's "You're weird. [...] I like weird" line at the end of the episode references Preschool!Kim and Ron's first meeting in "A Sitch In Time".
- Disguised in Drag: Ron and Wade are forced to disguise themselves as girls in order to infiltrate Junior's concert, since Monique can't grapple to the roof with them.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Apparently, Middleton Mall has a regulation against dressing as a former U.S president.
- Freaky Is Cool: At the end of the episode, Kim tells Ron "You're weird," but then reassures him "I like weird."
- Historical Hilarity: Ron attempts to make Wade look more mature by dressing him in a black suit, look older by sticking hair to his face to make a beard, and look taller by putting a top hat on him. The result?Wade: I look like Lincoln!
Ron: Ready for President's Day! (Looks down to see to Rufus covered in leftover hair) Oh, and Groundhog Day, apparently.
- Love Potion: Wade creates a modern love laser beam that causes the much older Monique to fall in love with him. It works exactly as planned, until the effect wears off and she's pissed at him. Later, the villain comes in possession of the love laser beam and uses it for massive annoyance.
- Laser-Guided Karma: At the end of the episode Wade is seeing a genius girl his own age -who turns out to have invented a Love Beam of her own.
- Oh, No... Not Again!: Monique's reaction after coming out of the cupid ray's spell for the last time.
- Sick and Wrong: Ron's reaction to learning about the love ray:Ron: "That's great! That's...that's wrong! Oh, so wrong!"
- This Is Reality: When Wade suggests to win Monique over, he should just be himself, Ron shoots it down saying "That only works in cartoons."
- Valentine's Day Episode: Aside from Wade developing a crush on Monique and all the stuff that has to do with the Cupid Ray that Wade creates, it's also Kim and Ron's first Valentine's Day as an Official Couple—Kim gets kind of mad at Ron when he forgets that Valentine's Day is coming up and that he now has a girlfriend to celebrate the holiday with.
- To be fair, in Ron's defense, he never actually had a girlfriend to celebrate the holiday with until Kim became his girlfriend.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Monique was more than a little upset over Wade using a love ray on her.