When Drakken has Shego steal the Pan-Dimesional Vortex Inducer again, he plans to use it for his new laser cannon. However, a mishap causes the device to open a portal into the television universe that sucks in Kim, Ron, Rufus, Drakken, and Shego. Now, they must navigate their way through various shows before the vortex obliterates all reality.
This episode provides examples of:
- Beware the Nice Ones: The puppet characters from the kid's show are pretty jolly and friendly, but, as Drakken and Shego discover, they won't hesitate to unleash Mr. Sit Down on "meanies".
- Book-Ends: As Ron said it "This began with monkeys, and it's going to end with monkeys".
- Brick Joke: Earlier in the episode, when Drakken was in the children's show, he ended up meeting Mr. Sit Down. At the end, when he and Shego end up back in the show, Shego ends up provoking another visit from Mr. Sit Down.
- Continuity Nod: The PDVI first appeared and got stolen by a villain (Drakken went after it, but Dementor got there first) in '"Ron the Man"'. Also, one of the shows inside the TV dimension is "The Fearless Ferret".
- Got Me Doing It: Shego's time on "Pals" got her using some lines, to her exasperation.
- I Know You Know I Know: Shego left an obvious clue that she'd stolen the Pan-Dimensional Vortex Inducer. Ron thinks the clue is too obvious, and that Drakken must be setting a trap... unless that's what Drakken wants them to think, in which case the way to surprise him is to walk right into the trap. This turns out to be exactly what Drakken was hoping they'd do.
- It Will Never Catch On: Apparently, Ron's father and Drakken didn't get cable until now because they thought it was "just a fad".
- OOC Is Serious Business: Both Kim and Wade become very concerned when Ron misses both cheerleading practice and Bueno Nacho on Naco Night!
- Not So Dire: Worried that something bad may have happened to Ron and Rufus, Kim sneaks into the Stoppable-house do some investigating—however, it turns out that Ron and Rufus are just fine but have watching cable-TV all day. Although this could be subverted from a certain perspective.
- Ow, My Body Part!: At one point when he and Drakken fall into another show, Ron shouts, "Ah! My pancreas!"
- Parody: The episode parodied famous TV shows under the guise of being sucked into TV Land.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Wade is disgusted when Kim refers to the science fiction genre as sci-fi.
- Red Shirt: Parodied when Kim is temporarily sent to a Star Trek-esque TV show and appears in a red uniform:Wade: This is the part of the show where they pick series regulars to go on a mission. Just make sure you're not the one wearing...
Kim: ...A red shirt?
Pseudo-Kirk: And...(to Kim) you! You're expendable.
- Someday This Will Come in Handy: Ron's family has just gotten cable TV and Ron has been glued to it for so long he's memorized all the channels. Not something you'd need, right? Wrong. Trapped in TV Land with the hole that dropped him there threatening to undo all of reality, he knew what to switch to plug up the tear in the space/time continuum with a horde of monkeys.
- This Is Reality:Ron: (upon hearing Shego stole the PDVI for the second time) Ah, man! A rerun!
Kim: Too much TV, Ron. Real life, here.
- Trapped in TV Land: Kim, Ron, Rufus, Dr. Drakken and Shego are pulled into a dimensional vortex crossed with a TV cable signal. Shows they visit: Friends, rendered as Pals, Space Passage, a Star Trek sendup, with Kim as a Red Shirt, Survivor - in the Arctic, a kids' puppet show reminiscent of Teletubbies, a Tom and Jerry-style cartoon, Fear Factor, Aliasnote , That '70s Show, reimagined into the Salem era as That 1670s Show, ER, Evil Eye for the Bad Guy, a supervillain's version of Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, The Fearless Ferret, a parody of the old Batman show and a Continuity Nod to a previous episode, The Hollywood Squares (albeit with giant triangles, resembling another Merrill Heatter show, Battlestars), a commercial for Ron's favorite restaurant, "Bueno Nacho", Professional Wrestling, a cooking show, with Rufus as the secret ingredient; a talk show, and Animal Planet, rerendered as Ape Island, which is hell for Ron.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: We never do find out how Drakken and Shego get out of the television universe.