- Written by Yuya TakahashiDirected by Kyohei Yamaguchi
Kamen Rider Chronicles final boss, Gamedeus, has finally arrived. At the same time the Game Disease dramatically spreads, causing a pandemic. It seems that Masamune had programmed the game to increase the number of infected people.
If Gemdeus is defeated then the infected people will be cured. Emu and Parado transform into Ex-Aid and Para-DX respectively to defeat Gemdeus, but Gamedeus is able to use the powers of all of the previous Bugsters, making it a hard fight.
Its at this moment that Lazer injects Genm with the Gamedeus Virus. He then challenges him to a battle. Lazer also suffers from the Gamedeus Virus upon being attacked by Genm. What is Lazer anticipating?
- A Day in the Limelight: After being on the sidelines since his revival, Kiriya is the one who drives the way in this episode.
- Achilles' Heel: The Doctor Mighty XX (Which contains antibody for Gamedeus' virus) is this for Gamedeus, which cures all the patient and weakens him greatly (As seen by his drastically reduced stats).
- All Your Powers Combined: Gamedeus showcases this during his fight against Muteki Ex-Aid and Perfect Knockout Gamer level 99 by using attacks from previous Bugster monsters (Graphite and Aranbura for example).
- Batman Gambit: Kiriya goaded Kuroto into fighting him by using the Gamedeus Virus in order to create a vaccine against Gamedeus. The end result is the Doctor Mighty XX Gashat.
- Bittersweet Ending: Thanks to Kiriya, the doctor riders defeat Gamedeus, and cure everyone infected. Kiriya is even made an official member of the CR because of his actions. However, Masamune has taken drastic measures, infected himself with the remnants of Gamedeus, and is now a Bugster (which judging from previews, might be the most powerful of them all).
- Boxed Crook: Again, Kuroto. After completing the Doctor Mighty XX Gashat with Kiriya as part of the latter's plan to get rid of Gamedeus, Kuroto ends up being sent to the DoReMiFa Beat arcade machine by the authorities until further notice.
- Butt-Monkey: If dying from too much work or being kicked in the face by Emu isn't enough in the last episode, Kuroto finds himself being Kiriya's punching bag. Granted, as Kiriya theorizes that if Graphite can withstand the Gamedeus Virus, then he and Kuroto can do the same thing. To pinpoint it even further, Kiriya is also affected by the virus a bit, but doesn't loses his own life compared to Kuroto's multiple lives.
- Death of Personality: Masamune is technically alive, but he is no longer himself after injecting himself with Gamedeus' data.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: Gamedeus has been hyped by Kuroto as the most powerful Bugster, and even puts both Muteki Ex-Aid and Perfect Knockout Gamer level 99 on the ropes a few times (notable since this is the first time since it's debut that Muteki Ex-Aid struggled in a fight). But that all changes when Kiriya gave Emu the Doctor Mighty XX Gashat.
- Downer Beginning: Literally. The episode opens with Gamedeus infecting everyone he sees, and most of the victims are placed in the main lobby of the hospital.
- Fusion Dance: Masamune, in an act of insane desperation, merges with Gamedeus. The result looks like Masamune, but introduces itself as a gestalt of the two.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Gamedeus infecting countless bystanders was never in Kuroto's original programming, causing Kiriya to correctly guess that Masamune tampered with it.
- Heroic BSoD: Hiiro was close to one in the beginning as the stress of taking care of so many patients was overwhelming. Fortunately, Taiga and Nico offered assistance.
- Karma Houdini: Played with. Kuroto Dan is given to the authorities, and while he is charged with causing all of this in the first place, he is given leniency because he unintentionally helped Kiriya create the Doctor Mighty XX Gashat that defeated Gamedeus. He is however stuck in the DoReMiFa Beat arcade machine under heavy lockdown and can't leave without CR authorization. Of course he won't be staying behind bars for too long, if the True Ending movie is any indication.
- Laughing Mad: The latest blows to his plans have finally rendered Masamune this.
- The Load: Nico is worried that she might be this during the outbreak, but ends up subverting it by helping a child get his mind off the infection by showing him a video game. An impressed Asuna even suggested to Nico that she could have a career in the medical field.
- One-Winged Angel: Masamune merges himself with Gamedeus to become a Bugster fusion of the two.
- Pet the Dog: Although Kiriya goaded Kuroto into fighting him, forced large doses of the Gamedeus Virus into Kuroto, and made Kuroto lose 78 of his extra lives, when Kuroto ultimately becomes fully immune to the Gamedeus Virus and Kiriya was seemingly going to be overwhelmed by the strain, Kuroto does Kiriya a solid and gives him Gamedeus antibodies, saving Kiriya.
- Reality Ensues: Kuroto's been showing quite a few redeemable traits in the past episodes and has been a great help to the CR. That doesn't change the fact that he's still committed acts of bioterrorism, and after the authorities arrive to take him, he's in virtual jail.
- Sanity Slippage: Masamune's mental state was already slipping, seeing Gamedeus lose and his plans finally completely fall apart is the straw that broke the camel's back and seems to drive him completely insane.
- That Man Is Dead: Masamune says this after merging with Gamedeus. Given the "Game Over" he got before that, it's implied he's not kidding, and that the being talking might not even be Masamune anymore.
- True Final Boss: The fusion of Cronus and Gamedeus introduces itself as such for "Kamen Rider Chronicle".
- Up to Eleven:
- Thought seeing Nico struggle through the Gamedeus virus was hard to look? How about looking at a lobby full of people with the same infection?
- Normally Kuroto loses at least 1 or 2 lives in an episode even though the most we've seen is 24 lives gone. But thanks to Kiriya, his lives go down from 82 to 4 in the end.
- Villainous Breakdown: After Gamedeus began to fall, what little remained of Masamune's sanity goes with him. So much so he, in a last act of insane desperation, kills Gamedeus and merges with him in an insane, and from the looks of it self-destructive move.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: A rare heroic and non-lethal example. Kiriya needed Kuroto himself to make an antibody for Gamedeus (seeing Graphite survive it long enough helped his theory), and when Kuroto finishes the new Doctor Mighty XX, Kiriya immediately traps Kuroto in the Bugvisor II and hands him to the authorities.Gashat Count: Ex-Aid: 10 Brave: 5 Snipe: 3 Lazer: 3 Genm: 2 Para-DX: 1 Poppy: 1 Nico: 1 Cronus: 9Genm's Continues Left: 4