"What if We Played at Riding Ponies?" contains the following tropes:
- All Girls Like Ponies: Both Kaeloo and Pretty adore ponies (and unicorns).Stumpy: Is that supposed to be cool? Must be a girl thing.
- Black Comedy Burst: Pretty shoots a pony in the head.
- Black Comedy Animal Cruelty: Pretty's treatment of the ponies and unicorns in this episode, ranging from threatening to euthanize her unicorn if it can't fly faster than Kaeloo's to shooting a pony in the head with a gun.
- Karma Houdini: Pretty suffers no retribution for her treatment of Kaeloo or the ponies.
- Pyrrhic Victory: Stumpy and Quack Quack have a horse race against each other. Mr. Cat, who bet 6000 dollars on Stumpy winning, interferes with the race so Stumpy wins. Stumpy is quite happy until he remembers that he bet all of his money on Quack Quack winning and is now broke.
- Questioning Title?
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Did Mr. Cat ever return the 6000 dollars he cheated Olaf out of?
- What Measure Is a Non-Super?: Pretty and Kaeloo get into a fight over a pony. Suddenly, a unicorn appears out of nowhere, and Kaeloo forgets about the pony and takes the unicorn. Pretty angrily screams and cries until another unicorn shows up, prompting her to shoot the "normal" pony with a gun because she doesn't want it anymore.