The Joker pops into Belle Reve with a Mother Box to spring Luthor and show him a fun day: the best day ever.
- Bait-and-Switch: Lex Luthor takes out his canister of Kryptonite and uses it to incapacitate Superman. He then tells Joker that he's going to take care of "the biggest threat". Then he conks Joker with the canister.
- Bait-and-Switch Comparison: "Look, it's the fastest man alive! And the Flash!"
- Conveniently Cellmates: After being returned to prison, Lex is actually looking forward to some rest and relaxation, free of the Joker's buffoonery. Then they wheel in his new cellmate...
- Enemy Mine: Lex Luthor, not wanting to die from the bomb and getting tired of the Joker's shenanigans, helps the Justice League beat him.
- Exact Words: Joker claims that he's not violating the rule against men stepping foot on Themyscira, since he's still in the water. Lex is not so lucky.
- Kick Them While They Are Down: Averted. Even though he has a chance to off Superman while he is weakened by Kryptonite, Lex Luthor decides not to because it doesn't feel right to do it this way.Lex Luthor: Not today. Not like this.
- Mook Chivalry: A rare instance where's the heroes that do this. Joker takes his time to teleport around, spouting one-liners. However none of the heroes think it's a good idea to rush him while he's busy fighting another hero.
- Priceless Ming Vase: Green Arrow's Net Arrow misses Joker and Luthor as they teleport away, only to hit a vase on a podium that was behind them.
- Villains Out Shopping: Discussed when the Trinity wonder what Joker is up to with Lex, since they just seem to be going to random places for harmless pranks. Wonder Woman thinks that Joker has an ulterior motive, and she's right; Joker is trying to trick Lex into leading him to where he hid the Bomb of Ultimate Destruction.
- The Voiceless: The heroes that aren't the Trinity or the Flash have no lines.