Recape page for Joueur du Grenier.
open/close all folders
- Tintin in Tibet (Mega Drive)
- Saint Seiya (called Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque in France) (NES)
- Asterix and the Great Rescue (Mega Drive)
- Last Battle (Mega Drive)
- Dark Castle (Mega Drive)
- Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue (Nintendo 64)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (Mega Drive) (as an example of a good game before switching to the above)
- Sword of Sodan (Mega Drive)
- Waterworld (Super NES)
- Dragon Ball (NES)
- Ultraman (Super NES), followed by Rise of the Robots (Mega Drive) and Pit-Fighter (Super NES)
- Back to the Future Part II and III (Sega Master System) (a two-part video)
- James Bond Jr. (NES and Super NES)
- The Smurfs (Les Schtroumpfs) (Mega Drive)
- Virus: It Is Aware (PlayStation)
- The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants (NES)
- Total Recall and Predator (NES)
- Several games from series which underwent a transition from 2D to 3D:
- Barbie (NES)
- Jurassic Park (Master System, SNES, Mega Drive, and the PC game Jurassic Park: Trespasser)
- Many 8- and 16-bit sports games.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
- Several games from the Atari 2600: The A-Team, Masters of the Universe, Strawberry Shortcake, Megaforce and, most importantly, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.
- Batman & Robin (PlayStation)
- Short reviews about two show/movie adaptations — ALF (Mega Drive) and Timecop (SNES) — and two medical games — Rex Ronan: Experimental Surgeon and Captain Novolin (both on SNES).
- Link: The Faces of Evil
- Silent Service and Infiltrator (NES)
- Spirou (Mega Drive)
- RPGs in general, but particularly Heroes of the Lance (NES), Drakkhen (Super Nes) and Virtual Hydlide (Sega Saturn)
- Dragon's Lair on NES and SNES.
- Airwolf on Amstrad CPC 464, its sequel and the NES Airwolf game.
- Heavy Nova (Mega Drive) (only on DVD and not in his channel)
- Excalibur 2555 A.D (PlayStation)
- Road Runner's Death Valley Rally (SNES) and Taz-Mania (Mega Drive)
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers (NES) note
- Platoon (NES) and Metal Gear (NES)
- Two unlicensed NES games by Color Dreams : Silent Assault and Raid 2020
- Various simgames: Geo-Political Simulator: Rulers of Nations, Toilet Tycoon, Euro Truck Simulator, Bus & Cable Car Simulator...
- A video about The Addams Family-themed videogames, especially Fester Quest (NES), The Addams Family (Master System) and The Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt (SNES)
- Disney Animated Canon-themed video games: Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King: Simba's Mighty Adventure (PlayStation), Fantasia (Mega Drive)
- He tested Aladdin (Mega Drive) on New Year's Eve, to demonstrate why only bad games are reviewed. Since this is actually a good game, he acted like he was insulting it but shouted genuine compliments instead.
- Two First-Person Shooters: Elite Force Navy Seals and GIGN Anti-Terror Force (PC)
- On poor sequels Prince of Persia 2 (SNES) and Alex Kidd 3 (Sega Master System)
- On bad fighting games, especially Street Fighter, Slaughter Sport (Mega Drive), and Kasumi Ninja (Jaguar) (but also several shorter sequences about other games).
- On bad DC Comics games : Batman Forever (SNES), Aquaman (his first review of a Nintendo GameCube game) and the much-requested Superman 64.
- On a couple of videogame adaptations of the Home Alone series.
- A video about bad romance/sex-themed games, as a special Valentine's Day Episode.
- The second RPG special, featuring Hydlide (Mega Drive) and Lord Of The Rings (SNES).
- Instruments of Chaos Starring... Young Indiana Jones on Genesis.
- Hook and Beetlejuice on NES.
- Takeshi's Challenge on Famicom (The Japanese NES) − a Two-Part Episode.
- Nightmare Circus on Mega Drive.
- On a couple of videogame adaptations of the Cool World movie.
- Terminator games on the NES and Mega Drive.
- The third and final RPG episode, with Stargazers and Zelda's Adventure.
- Games adapted from French movies, with Les Visiteurs and Asterix & Obelix Take on Caesar.
- Friday the 13th and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
- Star Wars games, to celebrate the release of Episode VII.
- Games adapted from comic books: Spider-Man: Web of Fire on the Sega 32X, Batman: Dark Tomorrow on Gamecube and The Uncanny X Men on NES.
- X-Perts on Sega Genesis — an episode that pokes fun at the style of the early Joueur du Grenier episodes.
- Some Full Motion Video games.
- Some Beat 'em Up games.
- Two Sixth Generation console games: Beverly Hills Cop on Playstation 2 and Drake of the 99 Dragons on Xbox.
- Three Famicom games, including Transformers: Convoy no Nazo.
- Wii-era and NES-era Nintendo accessories (Power Glove, Laser Scope, Robotic Operating Buddy)
- Some other Full Motion Video games
- The Mission Impossible videogame adaptation (Nintendo 64)
- 11 Years of JdG — Part 1: reviews Deadly Towers (NES), The Incredible Hulk (Megadrive), The Incredible Hulk: The Pantheon Saga (Playstation)
- 11 Years of JdG — Part 2: review of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) (XBox 360)
Other Joueur du Grenier Videos
Joueur du Grenier Specials
Videos focusing on series, films or other things that arent video games.
- Four videos about the late '80s / early '90s anime and cartoons broadcasted in France (including one video only focused on girly cartoons and another one focused on cartoons that were aimed at boys), and some early '90s French sitcoms.
- Several adaptations of video games into cartoons and TV series.
- A video about silly / wacky superhero-themed movies and series, namely Captain Planet and the Planeteers, two Spider-Man adaptations (the Sixties cartoon and the Japanese live-action adaptation), and Batman: The Movie.
- A video about sports-themed anime and cartoons, again from the late '80s / early '90s.
- Two FAQ episodes in which he humorously answered to commonly-asked questions about him while parodying some recent mainstream games.
- Several special videos about French television commercials from the '90s and the 2000s.
- A look at the various Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles adaptations and how horrible they are.
- A video about a few Merchandise-Driven shows (Beyblade, Transformers, and Jem).
- A special video about animes adapted into drama/live-action, especially The Prince of Tennis and Sailor Moon.
- A special about the Dragon Ball live-action movies Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins and Dragon Ball Evolution.
- A special about cartoons based on video games (and tabletop games), including Dungeons & Dragons (1983), The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!, The Legend of Zelda, Captain N: The Game Master, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) and Donkey Kong Country.
- Another video about television commercials from the 1990s and early 2000s.
- He-Man and She-ra's Christmas Episode and The Star Wars Holiday Special.
- A special about Disney ripoff animated series by Mondo TV, namely Simba the King Lion, Pocahontas: Princess of the American Indians and the crossover series Super Little Fanta Heroes.
- A special about cartoons from the 2000s, most notably Cardcaptor Sakura, Code Lyoko and Digimon.
- A special about AB Productions' shared universe of sitcoms in the '90s.
- Captain America (1979), its sequel, and Captain America (1990).
- A special about video games' commercials (mostly French, with a few Quebecois, Australian, and Japanese commercials) of the 1980s, 1990, and early 2000s.
- "JDG Studio Tour 2021": A May 2021 video when Fred and Seb show their new material and the place they recently acquired to shoot the episodes and work on them.
- Series produced by Glen A. Larson (Galactica 1980, Automan, Manimal).
- Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City and Resident Evil Film Series.
An old sociopathic storyteller reminisces about his exploits in various video games, which may or may not have actually happened.
- Pokémon Red and Blue (Game Boy)
- The SimCity series
- GoldenEye (Nintendo 64)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
- Resident Evil (PlayStation)
- Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation)
- The Mass Effect trilogy
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 (PC)
- Fallout 3 (PC)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Half-Life (PC)
- Metal Gear Solid (Playstation)
- World of Warcraft (PC)
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Streets of Rage/Final Fight
Bazar du Grenier
Jeux en Vrac (Random Games)
A shorter and simpler version of the main series format, with some actually good games thrown into the mix this time.
- President 2012 (PC)
- Spore (PC)
- Detective Barbie (PC)
- Theme Hospital (PC)
- Pokémon Snap (N64)
- Circus Simulator (PC)
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn (PlayStation)
- Tamagotchi (Game Boy)
- Teletubbies (PlayStation)
- Il était une fois... la Vie (Educational Cartoon and PC)
- The Movies (PC)
- Police Simulator 2 and Autobahn Police Simulator (PC)
- Bronkie the Bronchiasaurus (SNES)
- Creatures (PC)
- Garfield (NES)
- The Guild 2 (PC)
- Sonic's Schoolhouse and Mario Is Missing! (PC)
- Black & White 2 (PC)
- Dragon Ball games
- Dungeon Keeper 2 (PC)
- Playboy: The Mansion (PC)
- Die Hard Trilogy (PlayStation)
- Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
- SimAnt (SNES)
- Sonic Dreams Collection
- Princess Maker 2
- Impossible Creatures
- Stardew Valley
- Evil Genius
- Shaq Fu
- Barney Hide And Seek
- Theme Park
- Mount & Blade
- Reeperbahn Simulatornote
- Haunting Starring Polterguy
- Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition
- Aladdin (Virgin Games)
- The Punisher
- Contra III: The Alien Wars
- Sonic the Hedgehog fangames
- Final Fight: Streetwise
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen-themed video games
- Weird Dreams
- Peter Molyneux
- The ER licensed game
- Demo 1 (disks bundled with the first PlayStation and containing technical demos and various game demos)
- History of Amstrad and its computers/gaming system
Fred takes a look at weird and mostly obscure animatednote oldies.
- Mister Ajikko
- Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary
- Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue
- Don Chuck Monogatari
- Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm
- Pokémon: The First Movie
- Prince of Dinosaurs (Mondo)
- Simba Jr. Goes to N.Y. and the World Cup (Mondo)
- Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac
- The Old Testament (Mondo)
- The connections between the various Mondo series
- Aladin (Dingo Pictures)
- The Legend of the Titanic
- The Last Airbender
Narrative Let's Plays
Mini-series where a plot is enacted around the concept of a specific videogame.
- This War of Mine
- Civilization V (Le Dessous des cartes)
- The Long Dark
- Geopolitical Simulator (Moi, Président)
- Civilization VI (Le Dessous des cartes Saison 2)
- Tropico 5 (El Presidente)
- The Guild 2
- Captain Tsubasa
- Project Zomboid
- The Movies
- Stranded Deep
- Project Hospital (Code Bleu)
- Beholder (Pour la patrie − single episode)
- Genesis Alpha One
- Tropico 6 (El Presidente Saison 2)
- Empire of Sin
Ces jeux qui m'ont marqué (Those Games I Fondly Remember)
A more serious and laid-back format where Fred tells us about the games that defined his videogame tastes.
- Wing Commander series (mostly Wing Commander III)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
- Dark Age of Camelot
- The Mass Effect series (original trilogy only)
- World of Warcraft
- Final Fantasy VII
- Fallout and Fallout 2
- Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars and Discworld
- Batman: Arkham Asylum
- The Lion King (1994) on Megadrive
NTSC (New Thing thats Super Cool)
A podcast featuring Seb, Karim and sound engineer Nico, where they talk about old films, their history, their influence, and what makes them super cool.