Zim disguises himself as Santa in order to woo Christmas-adoring humans to their doom at the North Pole.
- Absurdly Ineffective Barricade: Zim imprisoned Dib in a jail cell meant to look like candy-canes. Actually, it is made of candy-cane, Dib managing to break out by complete accident. Because it is candy cane. When Zim's robot elves catch him after this, Zim orders him to put him in the actual impenetrable cage.
- Becoming the Mask: Having programmed his Santa costume with extensive knowledge of Christmas and Santa Claws, Zim is briefly overcome with a personality more appropriate to this image whenever something compels him to act as such, like when he is crowded by children.
- Christmas Episode: It is all about Zim using Santa Claws and the spirit of the season in his latest plot.
- Eldritch Abomination: After Dib and Zim manage to launch the malfunctioning Santa-suit into space, it continues to grow and mutate during its time there. Earth, in the far future, encases its cities in domes for protection from it and prepares giant plates of cookies and milk to satiate it every year.
- Mall Santa: Zim captures one to learn as much as he can about Santa and Christmas.
- Not Hyperbole: One woman being interviewed about "Santa's" return exclaims "My heart explodes with joy!" A nasty popping noise is heard and she falls face-down in the snow, dead.
- Putting on the Reich: The flag Zim has erected after he manages to have Dib imprisoned uses the Irken symbol, but it wears a Santa hat with a pair of candy canes over and red and white background. While it is trying to look Christmasy, the exclusive use of red, white and black obviously evoke the old Nazi flag.
- Remember the New Guy?: Mini-Moose. Yes, he has been with Zim the whole time.
- Rule of Cute: The Santa suit manages to regain control from Zim, expelling the drill he used to keep it under control, when an absurdly-cute child asked for a hug.