In the Series Finale, Liv and the group must race to stop the human vs zombie war from wiping out all of Seattle.
- Bait-and-Switch: It looks like the flight attendant and cop are going to turn Liv, Ravi and Clive in. They're actually going to aid the trio to pay Liv back for getting their kid sister out of Seattle.
- It looks like Major was killed after taking a zombie cure but it was faked.
- Bittersweet Ending: The Zombie Apocalypse has been averted, the occupation of Seattle has ended, and the conflict is over, but the damage has been done. Human-zombie relations are still strained, the Dead-enders are still around in some form, and circumstances have obliged our heroes to go their separate ways, though they are still in contact despite the distance.
- Fate Worse than Death: Blaine is not only stuck at the bottom of a well for his undead life but his only company is Don E.
- Grand Finale: The big one for the series.
- Happily Adopted: Melissa's son is adopted by Clive and Dale. Although a cousin is apparently trying to get custody.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Blaine ends up being pushed into the well he once kept his father in by Don E. Then Liv pushes Don in to join him.
- Offing the Offspring: Dolly puts a bullet into her own son's head as she goes on her anti-zombie rampage.
- Once Is Not Enough: Peyton hits Blaine in the head with a baseball bat during her escape attempt. Once. Then she steals his gun and doesn't even consider shooting him in the head.
- The Reveal: Blaine killed Darcy to get Don E back on his side and get revenge on Don E for faking the end of the brain smuggling business in order to cut Blaine out.
- Time Skip: The final scenes jump ten years into the future to detail the aftermath of the human/zombie conflict and the new world it left behind.
- Wham Shot: Peyton showing up alive after being shot with white in her hair, revealing she's now a zombie.
- Whatever Happened to the Mouse?: Unfortunately, It's never explained what the final fate of Dolly is. While it seems her anti-zombie crusade failed in the future, her exact outcome hints at a Karma Houdini.
- Likewise, it's never explained what happened to the "zombie sleeper cells" that had been set up, though the cure can now be used to thwart them.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: Done literally as the future "virtual-cast" shows how Clive (and Dale) is now captain in San Francisco, Ravi is the head of the CDC and Peyton a lawyer in Atlanta. It's then shown that Liv and Major live on an island raising various adopted zombie children.
- White Void Room: The virtual set looks like one, with four white chairs and two frames to project videos on.