With the threat of Liv having to turn herself in, Major kidnaps her to keep her safe. He feeds them a couple's brains, and everything turns into The '50s. Ravi on the other hand has to fill in for Liv and eats Valley Girl brain.
- The All-American Boy / Standard '50s Father: Major on 1950s brain. Everything's just swell.
- The Fashionista: Ravi on Valley Girl brains.
- From Bad to Worse: Liv finally turns herself in, but instead of letting Levon go, Chase decides he'll just execute both of them.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Major spends much of the episode defying this trope, keeping Liv in Oregon and keeping Liv out of Seattle to turn herself in as Renegade. In the end, Liv's too much of a Determinator, and locks him away.
- Levon turns himself in, covering for Liv and claiming he's Renegade. He only makes things worse.
- I Am Spartacus: Levon turns himself in as Renegade to have Curtis released. Referenced by Graves when Liv tries to confess later.
- More Expendable Than You: Levon decides that he's the expendable one. It doesn't stick.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: After being released in exchange for Liv's surrender, Levon makes one final desperate plea to Chase to spare her life. You tell that Chase was seriously considering it, but when Levon kills one his men in a attempt to take him hostage Chase decides to have them both executed.
- Two Shots from Behind the Bar: Don E. doesn't actually shoot it, but he's really quick to grab a shotgun when a disgruntled customer comes into the Scratching Post complaining about a defective brain.