Liv eats the brain of reoccurring character Detective Lou Benedetto.
- Back for the Dead:
- Lou returns after a long absence just in time to get killed.
- Frau Bader is brought into Brother Love's church to be sacrificed to the zombies gathered.
- Cutaway Gag: There are a number of times during the episode where someone will mention something only for it to hard cut to that thing occurring.
- Liv admires watching the hot, shirtless guys on TV. Ravi mentions how he sympathizes with the bad guy. Immediately cut to Blaine with his shirt off.
- Ravi mentions that the episode of Zombie High is where "they ran out of money and everything cool happens off screen and the characters just talk about it". It immediately hard cuts to Clive explaining how he caught a guy in the most exciting way possible.
- Internal Reveal: A.J. finally realizes Liv was a zombie and that's how she beat him way back in season 1.
- Must Not Die a Virgin: Downplayed by Isobel, who mentions it among half a dozen other things, like getting a job or raising a family. Later, after she goes on a date with a teenage heartthrob, she Trolls Ravi with the implication that this trope has been fulfilled.
- No Place for Me There: Angus expresses this sentiment, and suggests that Blaine Take Up My Hammer.
- Parental Substitute: Ravi promises Isobel's mom that he'll take care of her.
- Reality Ensues: Liv is taken off the case and told to work only in the station after being filmed beating a suspect with a fish. In a subversion of Turn in Your Badge; it sticks, and Clive spends the rest of the episode investigating the case on his own off-screen, describing the awesome Action Movie tropes he experiences to Ravi.
- Shout-Out: After being suspended, Liv gives a one-liner and puts on a pair of sunglasses as she left, immediately followed by a scream. It was just Cavanaugh, who had stubbed his toe.
- Spoiled by the Cast List: This gets carefully avoided: the guest star credits happen really slowly, so Benedetto's first scene onscreen happens before they're finished... and Enrico Colantoni is the last actor credited.
- Time-Compression Montage: The first few minutes after the credits goes through a series of shots printing out zombie IDs, watching a season of Zombie High, and scratching new zombies. Notably, there are more ID printers as time goes on.