Liv investigates the murder of a preschool teacher who was sleeping with the parents of several of his students. Peyton tries to sort out some anomalies in a previous case. Major investigates rumors of a zombie speakeasy.
- Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce: D.A. Baracus has some gourmet versions, which he offers to the Fillmore-Graves zombies protecting him. Don E.'s speakeasy uses a more mundane version as an entry test; in order to get in, everyone has to eat a ghost pepper.
- Consulting Mister Puppet: Liv has a sock puppet she carries around with her. At one point, Clive has to surreptitiously stop her from using it during an interrogation.
- Continuity Nod: Peyton's plot thread involves her prosecuting the murder from "Spanking the Zombie" (until the end of the episode, when the alleged murderer hangs himself in his cell).
- Internal Reveal: Liv and company find out about Don E.'s zombie bar, while Blaine discovers that Don E.'s been poaching his clients.
- Misplaced Kindergarten Teacher: Jamie was an entirely-correctly-placed preschool teacher. But that leaves Liv investigating his murder while acting like a preschool teacher, making her a temporary example of this trope.
- Not in Front of the Kid: Several of Jamie's students' parents all confront him at once while picking up their kids. His boss tries to pull this on them, with limited success.
- Phrase Catcher: Every one of Jamie's lovers describes how he "really listened" to them.
- Pig Latin: Tanner says the classic "Ix-nay on the Ee-say I-Way" when Liv remembers him as Clive's C.I.