A group of drunken teenagers take a late night joyride and hit a passerby, who happens to be a zombified Sebastian, the Max Rager goon from "Mr Berserk". As they cover up the accident, he comes back to life and attacks one of the girls. After Liv consumes what's left of the girls brain, she is taken back to high school as she and Clive investigate the case. A surprise death of one of the victims friends raises some serious questions about the case. Meanwhile, Major believes Blaines deli is not all it seems to be...
- Affectionate Nickname: The zombie rat, Hope.
- The Cheerleader: Kimber Cooper, one of the victims.
- Chekhov's Gun: Remember five episodes ago, when Liv's brother had a Meat Cute application he was filling out? Turns out he's finally decided to return it...
- Continuity Nod: The sketch artist from "Brother, Can You Spare A Brain?" makes another appearance, and isn't happy to see Liv again.
- Crazy-Prepared: Major buys a number of guns from a black market dealer, this time focused on anti-zombie weaponry.
- Dealer: Do you have any need for a grenade?
Major: [Fascinating Eyebrow]
- Fake Band: The Ass Hats.
- Fight Scene: Liv vs Sebastian. A brutal and unbloody knife fight that ends with Liv stabbing Sebastian in the head - with a knife that is already stuck through her own hand.
- Genre Savvy: One of the band members who is being hunted by Sebastian references I Know What You Did Last Summer, deciding to just come clean to the cops in order to get protection. Unfortunately, she's not quite savvy enough, as when she gets a suspicious text from her boyfriend suggesting she slip away from her police escort, she obeys without thinking.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Peyton is knocked out cleanly by Sebastian. Liv does not go down so easily and is rewarded for her trouble with several stab wounds, including an impaled hand.
- Internal Reveal: Liv tells Peyton she's a zombie, and also learns that Sebastian survived their fight on the boat.
- Put on a Bus: Peyton leaves town after learning Liv is a zombie.
- "I'm not going to prison. Have you seen Orange Is the New Black? I'm not taking a shower wearing tampon sandals."
- "If you start lighting candles and blasting Work Bitch, I'm intervening."
- Ravi calls Liv "Cheech", while she's watching Tom and Jerry.
- The episode borders on being a Whole Plot Reference to I Know What You Did Last Summer. To the point where Teresa actually refers to the movie.
- The Stoner: Nate, another victim. Liv gets this by eating his brains.
- Wham Shot:
- Peyton woke up before Liv went back to normal mode.
- Blaine has captured Major when Liv's brother comes inside to deliver his job application.