As Ted and Robin search for a drunken Barney, Marshall is visited by the ghosts living in his room. Meanwhile, Barney passes on his wisdom to a new generation.
This episode provides examples of:
- Brick Joke: The Stinger where Ted asks Robin if he should have kissed her after their first date.Robin: Yeah, I did.Ted: Dammit!
- Internal Reveal: This time, Ted tells Robin that he is moving away to Chicago right after the wedding. He also finally tells Robin the real reason he and Victoria broke up.
- Passing the Torch: Barney passing "The Playbook" in napkin form to Justin and Kyle.
- Those Two Guys: Justin and Kyle.
- Vomit Discretion Shot:Barney: [to Justin and Kyle] I'm gonna teach you how to- [retches] -live.
- Wham Line: Ted drops the news of his impending departure to Robin (the last of the Gang to know) with the same amount of explosive power as when he told Lily* and Barney.Robin: But... What about when we get back from our honeymoon? What about our first night out at the bar, what then? Is it gonna be weird?
Ted: No.Robin: How can you be so sure?
Ted: Because I'm not gonna be there. I'm moving to Chicago.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Justin and Kyle had thought that Barney was a zombie.