Air Date: September 26, 2011
After Robin assaults a woman and is forced to begin court-mandated therapy sessions where she recounts how it all went down. Meanwhile, Ted gets too involved in Lily's pregnancy.
The episode provides examples of:
- Bait-and-Switch: Every time Robin is about to get to the part of the story where she loses her patience, it seems that's the moment where she assaulted a woman, only for it to be something else, dragging the story even more, much to Kevin's frustration.
- The Cameo: Survivor's Jeff Probst appears as himself.
- Casting Couch: Discussed. Barney severs the tie with his friend Port Authority Mitch, who apparently informed Barney when aspiring actresses "would get off the bus with big dreams of Broadway, and no idea of what a 'casting director' could legally ask her to do, hold or lick during an audition."
- Character Filibuster: Kevin suffers this from Robin, since she does not only tells her reasons for the assault, but also rants on the subplot with Lily, Marshall and Ted, claiming that this ties with her problem.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Every time Robin couldn't take anymore of her jealousy, she would hide under her desk to cry, stuff herself with chocolates and wine.
- Dumb Blond: The blond girl who get one of Barney's auto-dialed messages fell for the "Destiny Call". She would be the woman Robin assaulted so she wouldn't ruin Barney's date with Nora.
- Flashforward: After Marshall admitted Dr. Sonya seemed laid-back and relaxed, we cut to months later were Dr. Sonya threatens Lily to shove her the baby if she didn't keep pushing, with Lily screaming "Where is Marshall?!". This is a scene from "The Magician's Code Part 1".
- 419 Scam: Played with, as Barney uses this for his "Bimbo Delivery System", were he would plant a vast publicity scam for "Free Breast Reduction Consultation" using pop-up videos, flyers, magazines, billboards, and so on.
- That scam also originated a spin-off for "Legal Consultation against the Free Breast Reduction Consultation".
- Barney also made an auto-dialer with a data base of many women's numbers, leaving messages about "I saw you in the subway and I believe in destiny".
- Another scam is him posing at a beauty salon as a Camp Gay stylist named "Jack Fantastic", so he could match women with his straight twin brother.
- Funny Background Event: While Nora and Barney are talking about what to order for dinner, Robin is beating up the girl before she gets to Barney. During this whole time, Barney and Nora never looked at the big window right next to them.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Robin has been getting jealous the entire episode because of Barney and Nora's lovey-dovey displays of affection, to the point she cried twice under a table and even tried to steal Barney back while Nora was in France for a few days. When Nora came back early, Robin then decides to ruin their date with one of the bimbos who appeared looking for Barney. In the end Robin got to rectify herself.
- Lysistrata Gambit: Gender Inverted. Marshall attempts this with Lily, telling her he will withhold sex unless she goes to the birthing class with him and Ted. It doesn't work.
- Padding: Invoked by Kevin, since Robin, instead of getting into why she attacked a woman, was also telling him about the subplot of Ted meddling in Lily and Marshall's appointment with Lily's pregnancy doctor. Robin insists it ties with the reason of the assault (Ted's aesop being her Heel Realization), although Kevin disagrees, since Robin could just have told him "I realized I had to stop being selfish".
- Seen It All: When Robin asks Kevin if he's thinking she is an awful person, Kevin reassures she's not, as he has treated serial killers and psychotic mental patients, one of them who sent him a bag of feces.Kevin: At least he remembered my birthday.
- Self-Deprecation: This episode is basically a giant parody of the show: taking a long time to tell a story, getting bogged down in subplots along the way. Kevin, in turn, is the Audience Surrogate, getting more and more frustrated along the way.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Used by Harvard Doctorate Kevin.Kevin: So, your plan was to be out on the town, dressed provocatively, drinking with another woman's man. Robin, this is our first session, and I know this is just one clinical opinion, but... you a dawg!
- Straight Man: Kevin had to reel Robin back into the main story every time she deviated to Lily, Marshall and Ted's subplot.
- There Are No Therapists: We meet Kevin in this episode, as Robin's court-mandated therapist.
- Third Wheel: Since Ted was still affected by his latest breakup and the fact that he was still single, he started to butt in the middle of Lily's pregnancy.
- Ted also tries to invoke they are a "trio", like "Batman, Robin and Alfred", "Romeo, Juliet and the apothecary", "The Lady, the Tramp and their bowl of spaghetti", and so on.
- Verbal Tic: Barney apparently suffers from a few of these."Dr." Barney Stinson: If your knockers are just too damn big, I can handle them—it.
Atty. Arnie Linson: If your giant breasts have been wronged, I can handle them—it.
The Cold Caller 5000 Message: I have this feeling that I'm supposed to be on you—with you.
- The last one is lampshaded; Barney says that he did over 100 takes, but it just kept happening.