Airdate: Monday, July 3, 2006
Marzipan and Bubs meet up after a long and entertaining vacation. Marzipan spent her time off touring the bead shops and topiary gardens of the Midwest with Strong Mad and the Cheat as their new band "Cool Tapes" (and Homsar manning the merchandise booth). Bubs, meanwhile, took to selling baloney sandwiches out of an ice-cream truck on a deserted island.
Strong Sad, meanwhile, spent "two glorious weeks at Gluten camp", which apparently has a fierce rivalry with the King of Town's Glutton Camp culminating in an obstacle course showdown... one that left SS and the KOT stuck in tire swings.
King of Town: Hecks no! I got stuck in here 10 minutes before you!
Coach Z: C'mon, Glorten Camp! Glorten Camp's pain-n-scrainin' on yous!
Strong Bad boasts that he's got a story to beat them all with a recording of him and the Lappy performing " the world's first death-defying midair SBEmail check"... but thanks to some confusion on Strong Bad during the recording process he missed the whole thing, including the celebrities and "the part with the narwhal".
Unfortunately, with everyone else on vacation Homestar is the only one left to update the website... and he accidentally slept through June. He also forgot to bring the donuts.
(Cut to everyone posing in front of a plain blue background as the "Everybody! Everybody!" song from the intro page plays)
- Big "SHUT UP!": When an 8-bit seagull squawks at Bubs and his baloney sandwich truck, Bubs shouts back "You shut your face!"
- Call-Back: Marzipan spent her break touring with her band Cool Tapes.
- Continuity Nod:
- The pixel-art seagull first appeared in the "take a break" simulator from "huttah!"
- Bubs drives his baloney sandwich truck to the beach... in this case, the "Far Side" Island from "island".
- One of the towns on Cool Tapes' tour map is Pantsburg. Strong Bad visited "Fabulous Downtown Pantsburg" in "vacation".
- An Easter egg has Pom Pom and the Poopsmith relaxing on the beach, wearing the sunglasses worn by Dangeresque and Dangeresque Too.
- Inherited Illiteracy Title: "Weclome" is a deliberate misspelling of "Welcome" seen in several places on the site, such as the SBEmail "2 emails".
- It's the Best Whatever, Ever!: Bubs claims that it was "pretty much my best summer ever", even though he sold "exactly zero baloney sandwiches".
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: This cartoon brings up the month-and-a-half-long hiatus to the site, which was caused by the birth of Mike Chapman's daughter in Real Life.
- Motor Mouth: Bubs, hawking baloney sandwiches. "I'm tryin-ta-sell-a-baloney-sammich!"
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Strong Bad's attempt at answering an e-mail while skydiving, which apparently involved celebrities and a narwhal.
- Oh, Crap!: Homestar's reaction on learning he slept through June and forgot to update the website.
- Shout Out:
- The page title for the cartoon references the theme song from Welcome Back, Kotter: "Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out..."
- An Easter egg features an album called "The Freewheelin' Eh! Steve", a parody of Bob Dylan's early album "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan".
- Homestar is seen wearing the green rib-cage shirt worn by Nigel Tufnel in This Is Spın̈al Tap.
- You Say Tomato: Thanks to Coach Z's ridiculous accent, he pronounces both "Gluten Camp" and "Glutton Camp" as "Glorten Camp".