Airdate: Monday, May 30, 2005
Commercials collide as both Senor Cardgage and Bubs attempt to draw people to their respective Senorial Day sales.
- Brick Joke: An Easter egg shows what happened to Strong Bad's football after Senor Cardgage offered to "hit [him] on the slant".Strong Sad: (gets pegged by a football) Oh! Somebody hit me on the slant!
- Buffy Speak: Near the beginning of his commercial, Senor Cardgage introduces himself with "It's Senor Cardgage with the Senorial Day... Tent Thing that guy talked about."
- Continuity Nod:
- Hurricane of Puns: Bubs makes a whole bunch of forced puns in this cartoon, each of which prompts a Collective Groan.(dressed as a baby waving a rattle) We're going ga-ga (a blade appears from the rattle, and the word "prices" appears on the counter; Bubs cuts it in half) over slashed prices!
(dressed as tennis player John McEnroe) Our competition is a total racket!
(holding up a stuffed version of Strong Sad's severed head) We're getting a-head of the rest!
- Kitschy Local Commercial: The commercials for Bubsotathon and the Senorial Day Tent Event Suprasale are parodies of commercials for local car dealerships.
- "Metaphor" Is My Middle Name: When Strong Bad asks Senor Cardgage for "some tremendous savings, and your autograph", Senor boasts "My left name is Tremendous Savings, Miss America!"
- Non Sequitur: Bubs' long string of puns is followed by him randomly blurting out "I'm the Hoppity Frog of Values!", followed by "We're holding up a novelty rubber chicken and playing a cartoony sound effect..." (boing boing) "...of savings!"
- Or My Name Isn't...: Bubs' commercial ends with him bragging "You'll save like a demon, or my name ain't Bubs Concession Stand!"
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Homestar is dressed unconvincingly as Bubs' son at one point.Bubs: Would I lie to my own flesh and blood?
Homestar: That's right, Bubba-daddy!
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: Homestar indulges in producing his own fireworks noises.Homestar: Pekyoo! Hgyoo! Pghyoo! Doo! Pehw! Wehw! Explosions! Fireworks!
- What Were They Selling Again?: The "Senorial Day Tent Event Supra Sale" and "Bubsotathon" are only implied to be car sales; at no point do Bubs or Senor Cardgage actually mention what they're offering "huge savings" on.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: Near the end, Bubs stumbles over one of his lines, and mutters "I even wrote this stuff, and I can't remember my own lins!" [sic]