Airdate: Monday, December 20, 2004
Homestar does some very last-minute Decemberween shopping, and ends up getting people crummy discount gifts.
- Accidental Misnaming: After stumbling into Marzipan's living room with his last-minute gift, Homestar says "Happy Decemberween, Marzi-man..."
- Call-Back: Strong Sad is locked in a bath-tub, which he claims his brothers do to him every year in The Best Decemberween Ever.
- Companion Cube: Strong Mad's favorite gift seems to be a large pet rock called "Tony Stony".Strong Mad: I LOVE YOU, TONY STONY! NO, I LOVE YOU MORE!
- Convenience Store Gift Shopping: Homestar ends up buying a bunch of Bubs' old "Aught-Four" crap for his friends and neighbors.
- Epic Fail: Because of how badly he botched setting his alarm, Homestar has to rush out to do Decemberween shopping at 10PM on Decemberween.
- Somehow, Homestar managed to lose his clothes as he runs out the door.
- Forgot to Pay the Bill: As the lights go out in Coach Z's locker room, he laments "Aw, crackles! I forgot to pay my bills again this year!"
- Geographic Flexibility: Lampshaded. At the end of the cartoon, after Marzipan leaves to use her new gift down by the wharf, Strong Bad quips "I didn't know we had any wharfs."
- My New Gift Is Lame: Subverted; Marzipan seems disappointed in the wire cutters Homestar gets her, but then declares they're perfect for freeing baby seals from the crab traps down by the wharf.
- Naked People Are Funny: Homestar is in such a rush to get his shopping done, he leaves his house "naked, somehow" even though he was wearing a shirt before.
- Offscreen Crash: One of these occurs as Homestar rushes out the door to get his gift shopping done.Homestar: (deadpan) Oh crap, I fell down the stairs.
- Oh, Crap!: Homestar repeatedly shouts "Oh, crap!" as he realizes just how late he is getting his Decemberween shopping done.
- Oh, No... Not Again!:
- When Homestar realizes it's the middle of the night, he laments "I set the alarm for 10 PM instead of AM again!"
- When Homestar starts freaking out at the end about there only being seven minutes of Decemberween left, Strong Bad gripes "It goes on and on like this. Seriously, like until New Years'."
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Doing your holiday shopping on the night of the holiday in question, like Homestar ends up doing, is about as last-minute as you can get.
- Shout Out:
- Spoof Aesop: Strong Bad delivers a tongue-in-cheek moral after Homestar gives Marzipan wire cutters as a present.Strong Bad: Foolish Homestar. Decemberween is not about getting people presents. It's about getting people good presents! Good presents! Not this last-minute discount crap you're trying to foist on us.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: During the Coach Z scene, he informs his parents "No, I'm not alone. Yes, this phone is plugged in."