Minor gods and spirits begin to wreak havoc on the town as Shiro finds she can no longer keep them in line due to realizing she has lost her powers.
Theological July contains the following examples:
- Batman in My Basement: Masaki has Shiro live at his place during July while she's bereft of her powers.
- Big Damn Hero: During the climax, it's Madoi who utilizes godly authority to subjugate the minor gods and save Shiro from being killed.
- Brought Down to Normal: This happening to Shiro drives July's plot.
- Continuity Nod: It turns out that Mayoi's methods for being able to harm a god (tested in May) are why Shiro loses her powers.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Shiro didn't stand a chance against Shirou, but Shirou didn't stand a chance against the God of Turning with his powers fully awakened, either.
- Heroic BSoD: Shiro becomes more afraid than depressed after losing her powers, but this still applies to her.
- Noodle Implements: Mayoi's device used to monitor Shiro's power levels being made from an old breast enhancer.
- Took a Level in Badass: Holy shit, Madoi!
- We Want Our Jerk Back: Masaki's attitude regarding Shiro after she loses her powers.
- Youkai: In the form of minor gods that start appearing all over the place since Shiro can't keep them out of trouble.