Season 2, Episode 6:
Will shares with Jack his suspicion that Hannibal is eating his victims and serving them at his parties. Jack is skeptical, but that night he attends a dinner party at Hannibal's home and Jack takes samples of the food. None of them are human flesh, but other evidence arises exculpating Will. Meanwhile, Alana is growing closer to Hannibal after his brush with death and Will's perceived betrayal. Abel Gideon seems about to give evidence against Hannibal, but recants.
- An Arm and a Leg: Gideon's back is broken, then Hannibal amputates his legs and...
- Autocannibalism: Forced on Abel Gideon, by Hannibal of course
- Duet Bonding: Alana and Hannibal, while playing "Chopsticks" on a harpsichord.
- Mythology Gag:
Alana: Weird how often funerals make us want to have sex.Hannibal: It's one in the eye for death.
- After sex with Alana, Hannibal is roused from bed by a knocking at the door, and muses about a past time he was rudely awakened by a census taker. He doesn't mention Chianti or fava beans, but he doesn't have to.
- This exchange is originally from the narration in the book version of Red Dragon:
- Never Found the Body: Part of Miriam Lass had been found, but she's still alive.
- Slipping a Mickey: Hannibal drugs Alana after sleeping with her, so that she'll sleep through the night and he can attend to Gideon.
- Wham Shot: Jack finding Miriam Lass down a pit in a house in the middle of the woods.