- "Laughter is the best medicine!"
Airdate: March 31, 2001
"Spare Me" is the twenty fourth episode of the first (internet) season of Happy Tree Friends.
Handy is (somehow) playing a game of bowling. During his turn, however, he fails to land a strike, leaving only one pin left. Frustrated, he leaves. Sniffles takes his turn and tries to lift the heavy bowling ball. While he has difficulty holding it with his hands, he makes up for it by using his snout. When he bowls, however, it results in his head being ripped off, carried away by the very ball he threw. His head is then sent back to the ball return by the pin clearer. Mole now takes his turn, but being blind, he does not realize that he just used Sniffles's head as a bowling ball. Sniffles's pool of blood also causes Mole to slip and face the other way, causing him to throw Sniffles's head into Handy, who is drinking from a straw. The impact causes his bottle to get lodged inside his right eye, with the detached eyeball bouncing inside said bottle.
"Spare Me" contains the following:
- Ambidextrous Sprite: Noticeable when Mole gets turned around, resulting in the items he is holding being swapped around.
- Art Major Biology: Sniffles apparently has a second set of teeth inside his head.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Sniffles manages to decapitate himself due to him trying to use his snout to bowl.
- Eye Scream:
- Though already dead, Mole poking his fingers into Sniffles's eyes might as well count.
- Handy gets a bottle lodged in his right eye's socket.
- Idiot Ball: Using own snout to bowl is not the most genius idea, Sniffles...
- Off with His Head!: Sniffles's death.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Handy managed to bowl without his hands, hidden from view! Too bad he did not score a strike.
- Running Gag: Handy's frustrated scowl is shown yet again.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Sniffles died.
- Updated Re-release: One of the early episodes to be part of "Classics Remastered" releases, which rereleases early HTF episodes in HD.