- Don't judge a book by it's cover.
Airdate: November 2, 2007
After Pop buys a strange book from Toothy, Cub starts to act strange.
"Read 'em Weep" contain examples of:
- Accidental Murder: Zig-Zagged, Pop wanted to kill the demon inside Cub but kills him after the demon got out of his body.
- Comically Missing the Point: Pop notices that it is starting to rain dead birds but the only thing he does is just closing the window.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Petunia's entire body is forced into a pipe while being shredded to death by the garbage disposal.
- Demonic Possession: This happens to both Cub and Lumpy.
- Downer Ending: See: Shoot the Shaggy Dog
- Facial Horror: Cub's face while he is possessed. (As pictured above)
- Flaying Alive: The demon rips out the lower half of Petunia's skin.
- Halloween Episode
- Hidden Depths: Pop is shown to be pretty cheap when he refused to buy the more expensive story book in exchange for something that costs less.
- Idiot Houdini: Pop
- New Job as the Plot Demands: Lumpy is a priest this episode.
- Offing the Offspring: Pop does this to Cub near the end.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Lumpy successfully takes the demon out of Cub! Too bad Pop kills Cub with shovel thinking that he's still possessed.
- Shout-Out: The book that Pop read to Cub was the Necronomicon.
- Squashed Flat: A non-cartoonish example, Pop repeatedly slams a shovel on Cub's head (Keep in mind that Cub is no longer possessed by the demon) until he is nothing but a bloody-crushed can.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Cub and Petunia die this episode.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Toothy, Pop and Lumpy survive this episode.
- Took a Level in Badass: Even though he gets possessed by another demon, Lumpy was surprisingly competent this episode, and not only that, but it's shown in the end that Lumpy has much better control over the demon than Cub had.
- Whole Plot Reference: To The Exorcist. As both medias involve a little kid getting possessed by demons who make them compulsively vomit with priest trying to save them.