- "Silence is Golden!"
Airdate: June 16, 2000
"Mime and Mime Again" is the seventeenth episode of the first (internet) season of Happy Tree Friends.
Mime tries to entertain a hospitalized Toothy. He starts by showing off his balloon animal before juggling three colorful balls. He then pretends to perform a snake charm on a bandage on one of Toothy's legs. Suddenly, that bandage gets caught in a nearby desk fan, pulling the beaver's leg. This results in his leg being snapped in two. The deer looks back to see the horror and begins to hastily treat the injury with some alcohol only to accidentally spill a lot of it when he is trying to pour it from its container. Toothy cries harder from the agonizing pain, so the entertainer ends up doing the quick method of putting the displaced leg back at its place, which somehow works, making Toothy feel relieved. The deer then turns on the (somehow off) fan back again, but he forgot the bandage still stuck on the blades, causing it to suck poor Toothy in and shredding him into pieces. Upon seeing the mess the deer created, he begins to pull an invisible rope trick to leave the scene. Toothy's severed arm is then seen sliding down the wall.
"Mime and Mime Again" contains the following:
- Bandage Mummy: Toothy is covered head to toe in bandages, except the part with his eyes and nose, of course.
- Cartoon Juggling: One of the ways Mime entertained Toothy.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Toothy gets shredded into pieces by a desk fan.
- Deadly Rotary Fan: The cause of Toothy's death.
- Debut Queue: Mime's first major appearance.
- Establishing Character Moment: Mime's eternal dedication to acting his part no matter what.
- Everyone Hates Mimes: Subverted. Toothy actually enjoys Mime's tricks — up until they end up injuring him.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Careful viewers may spot a random can being launched away along with the blood when Toothy is being killed by the fan.
- Idiot Houdini: Mime causes Toothy's brutal death and flees the scene before anyone witnesses it.
- Informed Species: This episode's official description regarding Mime's species. Not helped by the show's Only Six Faces design.
- Noodle Incident: Toothy is covered in bandages from head to toe before the episode begins.
- Toothy's head is more circular than oval in this episode.
- Mime's ear holes are visible from the back when he is pretending to play flute while facing backwards.
- Toothy's ears are gone when he is being sucked by the desk fan.
- Oh, Crap!: When Mime looks back to see Toothy's snapped leg.
- Pun-Based Title: "Time and time again"
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Upon seeing Toothy's death, Mime pretends to pull an invisible rope and leaves the scene.
- Sick Episode
- Sickening "Crunch!": Anything to do with Toothy's leg.
- Snake Charmer: Mime performs this routine using a bandage on Toothy's leg. It goes horribly wrong.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Toothy dies.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Mime survives.
- Turbine Blender: How Toothy dies, his body gets shredded by his bedside fan when a loose bandage gets stuck to one of the blades.
- Updated Re-release: One of the early episodes to be part of "Classics Remastered" releases, which rereleases early HTF episodes in HD.
- Your Size May Vary: The desk fan becomes bigger when Toothy is shown being sucked in and shredded.