- "Feed a cold, starve a fever!"
Airdate: December 22, 2004
"Icy You" is the twentieth episode of the second (internet) season of Happy Tree Friends.
Nutty jitters into a convenience store before realizing that he has no money. Fortunately, clerk Lumpy happens to be in trouble himself — his tongue is stuck in the hot dog rollers. With the clerk unable to watch the store, Nutty uses this opportunity to grab all the sweets for himself. He suddenly comes across a slushy machine, making him drop the sweets he was carrying. He tries a few cups, but those are not enough for the sugar-crazed squirrel. He decides to just drink straight from the machine's nozzle, all while his vision begins to blur. Soon, he finds his lips frozen on the nozzle. Attempting to pull himself out results in him ripping off his lips instead. He stumbles backwards in pain, where he ends up poking himself on a candy holder. Nutty ends up gruesomely flying around the store as if he is a burst balloon. He stops when he slams into the store's automatic doors. The poor squirrel can only moan in pain before the same doors forcibly close down on him, splattering his crushed remains everywhere. Back in the store, Lumpy (still stuck to the rollers) is mopping up Nutty's mess. During the closing iris, he ends up slipping and falling to the floor.
"Icy You" contains examples of:
- Ambidextrous Sprite: Nutty's eyes and candy accessories.
- Artistic License Engineering: Like in "Meat Me for Lunch", the automatic doors appear to have a mind of their own when it comes to cause trouble to the Happy Tree Friends.
- Balloon Belly: Nutty after drinking a lot from the slushy machine. Taken to its literal conclusion when he gets poked by a candy holder.
- Brain Freeze: Nutty gets this briefly when he is drinking a lot of slushy.
- Caption Humor: One of the episodes with a BlurB! version.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: After losing his lower half, Nutty's head and arms end up crushed by convenience store doors.
- Fur Is Clothing: Nutty's pockets. The BlurB!, meanwhile, implies that those are something else.The scary thing is, those aren't pockets
- Glass Smack and Slide: The burst Nutty ends up smacking the store's doors.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: After his Balloon Belly got burst.
- Help, I'm Stuck!: Lumpy spends pretty much the entire episode with his tongue caught in the hot dog rollers.
- Impairment Shot: Nutty's vision blurs for a while as he drinks straight from the slushy machine's nozzle.Brain Freeze POV!
- Ironic Juxtaposition: Lumpy ends up slipping on Nutty's mess, all while the "wet floor" sign is next to him.
- Literal-Minded: Played for Laughs by the BlurB! regarding the episode's title.This is a play on words... I think it means you're cold
- Noodle Incident: How did Lumpy's tongue even end up in the hot dog rollers anyway?
- An animation error causes Nutty's pupils to overlap his eyelids in one frame.
- Another animation oversight causes Nutty to have his belly marking on his back when he stumbles around. Later, including when he is being poked, he ends up with another belly marking on top of the first.
- Oh, Crap!: First when Nutty realizes that his lips are stuck frozen to the slushy machine's nozzle, second when he ends up poking himself on a candy holder.
- "Pop!" Goes the Human: Nutty ends up losing his lower half from this. The automatic doors basically finish him off by popping the rest of him.
- Pun-Based Title: "I see you"
- They Killed Kenny Again: Nutty dies.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Despite his predicament, Lumpy survives the episode.
- Tongue on the Flagpole: Nutty's mouth gets frozen to the slushy machine.
- Updated Re-release: One of the early episodes to be part of "Classics Remastered" releases, which rereleases early HTF episodes in HD.
- When Life Gives You Lemons...: Said by the BlurB! regarding Lumpy.Lumpy is very much a "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade" type of guyIn this case, life gave him a hot dog roller. Good Luck Lumpy!Too bad it didn't give him better shoes
- Writers Cannot Do Math: The amount of sweets Nutty carrying became much fewer when he drops them.