Annie and Kat are discussing Reynardine's refusal to tell her anything, and Kat's crush on Mr. Eglamore. Kat has something she wants to show Annie — a large room with a cherry tree in the depths of the Court. Annie and Kat end up pigging out on cherries, and are discovered by the gardener. Annie starts crying that she missies her mother, causing the gardener to leave. Annie then reveals that her father has disappeared, and she doesn't know where he is. She wonders if she's perhaps displeased him. Kat tells Annie that she'll tell her parents, and maybe the Court will be able to find him.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Remember the gardener. We'll see him again.
- Lame Pun Reaction: Annie tells the gardener he's "caught [them] RED-HANDED", Annie and Kat's hands being covered in cherry juice. Kat laughs that "Oh man, that was terrible!"
- Mood Whiplash: From light-hearted humour about Annie and Kat getting tipsy on ripe cherries, to Annie crying that she misses her mum.
- The Reveal: Annie's father has disappeared, and she doesn't know where he is.
- Title Drop: Courtesy of Kat."We all eat a handful of dirt before we die, Annie, who cares if it tastes like cherries?"
- World Tree: The cherry tree has this vibe, despite apparently being a normal tree.