- Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Zerstörer continues his swath of destruction, killing anyone Nick holds dear: Eve, Renard (yes, even him), Adalind, Monroe, Rosalee, and Trubel. The highly-corrosive potion that requires the blood of a Grimm, a Hexenbiest, and a Wesen fails to do anything permanent. Diana and little Kelly seem ready to go with the creature, but he still needs Nick to voluntarily give him the stick to complete the staff. He offers to resurrect all of the people he killed in exchange for the stick, bringing back Trubel as a demonstration. Trubel fights with Nick, claiming he can't sacrifice the rest of the world for his loved ones. Nick wins the fight, but then the ghosts of his mom Kelly and Aunt Marie appear and tell him that he's making a mistake. They tell him that the only way to beat Zerstörer is by being a Grimm. So, Nick, Trubel, Kelly, and Marie attack the creature and manage to defeat it. Nick combines the staff and the stick, becoming the staff's new master, and kills the creature. Nick wants to use the staff to resurrect the dead, only for a portal to open and suck him in.
He reappears at the moment he and Eve came back from the Other Place several days ago. Everyone is still alive, but Diana reveals that Zerstörer is dead. Eve still has her powers, and Nick has the staff.
20 years later, a grown-up Kelly is writing down this story in the Book of Grimms in a new trailer. Diana comes in, grabs the staff from the weapons locker, and tells him that they have Grimm work to do. Their parents are waiting, as are Monroe and Rosalee's triplets. Kelly playfully grabs the staff and runs out. Diana's eyes glow, and the book closes on the Grimm symbol.
Tropes in this episode:
- Ate the Spoon: The Force de Sang potion is completed by dissolving a palladium spoon used to mix the ingredients.
- Back for the Finale: In a way. Kelly Burkhardt and Marie Kessler's ghosts appear before Nick to explain to him how to defeat Zerstörer. They then join Nick and Trubel for a four-on-one fight against the creature, even though Trubel thinks only she and Nick are fighting. The ghosts vanish after Zerstörer is dead.
- Blood Magic: The Force du Sang is a powerful potion that's difficult to concoct completed by the blood of the three opposing forces of Grimm, Wesen and Hexenbiest, flowing collectively into the mixture from a wound inflicted by a fourth party. The wound heals automatically when done and the now boiling blood red potion acts as an incredibly powerful acid.
- Cavalry of the Dead: The ghosts of Kelly Burkhardt and Marie Kessler return to help Nick and Trubel defeat the Zerstörer.
- Distant Finale: 20 years later, Kelly and Diana have taken up Nick's line of work, even though Diana isn't actually a Grimm, and Kelly is only half-Grimm. Their parents (it's not specified whose dad) are also involved, as are Monroe and Rosalee's triplets. Kelly has just finished writing down the story of Nick's fight with Zerstörer.
- Dwindling Party: After Zerstörer killed Hank and Wu in the police station during the last five minutes of the previous episode, it continues to pick off members of the main cast throughout the episode. First it forces Eve to stab herself in the spice shop. Then it confronts the remaining party at the cabin and kills Renard with the staff, Adalind with an ax, Rosalee and Monroe with the staff in the form of a poisonous serpent, and Trubel via nigh-instantaneous suffocation. Interestingly, Zerstörer brings Trubel back to life moments after killing her, just to prove that it can.
- Everybody Lives: After Zerstörer's death, his body crumples into dust, which then swirls into a portal, which sucks Nick and the staff back a few days to the moment he and Eve returned from the Other Place. Since Zerstörer never comes through to our world, all of his victims are still alive, and Nick couldn't be happier.
- Everybody's Dead, Dave: Nick gets at couple. First he announces to those at the spice shop that Hank and Wu (and an untold number of background police officers) have been killed at the station. Then he has to tell everyone at the cabin that Eve's been killed by Zerstörer en route. Then, by the time everyone at the cabin's been killed at least once, he outright tells the Zerstörer that it's taken everything from him.
- HeelFace Turn: Renard appears to finally choose the right side and even apologizes to Adalind for all the bad things he has done. As much of a bastard that he is, he's still shocked that every officer that served under him is now dead.
- In the Back: Aunt Marie's Sword Cane comes in handy, when she stabs Zerstörer with it in the back.
- Kill Em All: Zerstörer continues killing the people close to Nick, all in a bid to convince him to willingly give up the stick with the promise of bringing those people back.
- Magic Staff: Zerstörer's staff also appears to be capable of choking people to death and even bringing back the dead. Time Travel also appears to be in its repertoire. 20 years later, the staff has become one of the Grimm weapons in the trailer owned by Kelly and Diana.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Nick is glad that Everybody Lives in the end, even Renard.
- No-Sell: The Force de Sang potion is a desperate move by the group, touted as the nuclear option of poisons, and although it does stagger him, Zerstoer shrugs off a batch to the face.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: As shown before with Meisner, ghosts are real and can affect the living world. In this case, Kelly and Marie help Nick and Trubel defeat Zerstörer, even though only Nick and Diana are able to see them.
- Passing the Torch: Sort of. While Nick is still mentioned to be in the Grimm business 20 years later (along with Adalind and, possibly, Renard), so is his son Kelly and Kelly's half-sister Diana (even though she's not a Grimm). Apparently, Monroe and Rosalee's triplets are also in on the action.
- Psychic-Assisted Suicide: Zerstörer uses his Mind over Matter powers to force Eve to stab herself. Without her Hexenbiest powers, she can't fight back.
- Time Travel: A portal opens and starts sucking the staff into it. Nick holds onto the staff and is pulled into the portal. He reappears at the moment he and Eve came back from the Other Place with him and Diana the only ones keeping their memories of the Bad Future.
- You Can Talk?: While previously only able to mimic other people, Zerstörer is finally able to speak more or less normally, offering Nick a deal: the resurrection of his friends and loved ones in exchange for the stick.