When an arson case looks to have Wesen origins, Nick finds himself reluctantly having to ask an old foe for help. Elsewhere, Viktor teaches Adalind the effectiveness of well-played diplomacy. Meanwhile, Juliette finds herself in a confrontation sooner than expected.
This episode provides examples of:
- The Bus Came Back: Peter Orson, the incarcerated Bauerschwin arson investigator, comes back for the first time since "Three Bad Wolves".
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends when Juliette plays The Reveal on Nick.
- Enemy Mine: Peter Orson is taken to help with the investigation, having been from arson. Especially prominent in his dealings with Monroe.
- Monster of the Week: An Excandesco arsonist.
- Not So Different: Rosalee brings up that Monroe's inability to let go of Orson's feud with him is not unlike the Wesenrein's Fantastic Racism. This allows Monroe to see past their mutual hatred and actually work with the group.
- That One Case: Damien Barso the arsonist was apparently this for Orson, with this episode bringing him closure by letting him actually catch him, more or less.
- The Reveal: Juliette reveals she is a Hexenbiest to Nick.