A Siegbarste escapes from prison and returns to Portland with revenge on his mind.
This episode provides examples of:
- Absence of Evidence: Invoked by Hank with the Stark case. Stark had planted another, similar looking man as a fake alibi and Hank made sure the evidence was lost to put Stark away.
- Achilles' Heel: Siegbarstes' dense bone structure and deadened nerves make them Nigh Invulnerable where most forms of damage are concerned. The only exception is an incredibly rare poison that kills them instantly. Luckily, Aunt Marie had some for just such an emergency.
- BFG: The antique elephant gun.
- Chekhov's Gun: The pot of boiling water, which Juliette uses to burn Stark.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: What any hand-to-hand fight with a Siegbraste turns out to be. Nick finds this out the hard way.
- Implacable Man: The villain of this episode is type of creature that is known for holding violent grudges and being nearly impossible to kill.
- No-Sell: The Oh, Crap! that most Wesen get when facing a Grimm does not apply to Oleg Stark.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Stark has broken out of prison with the intention of killing everyone who put him there, including Hank.
- First victim: Mary Robinson, the assistant district attorney who prosecuted Stark. Found with her tongue cut out and on a set of scales.
- Second victim: Vince Chilton, jury foreman. Murdered through unknown means and hand taken to lay down a false trail when Stark killed Patterson.
- Third victim: Judge Logan Patterson, the presiding judge. Beaten to death and a gavel shoved down his throat.
- Fourth target: Hank, the arresting officer.