Two brothers try to steal copper from an abandoned warehouse. They have been beaten to the target by a Dämonfeuer and are burned alive for their trouble. When Nick Burkhardt investigates, Juliette Silverton is abducted to lure Nick into a confrontation.
This episode provides examples of:
- Chekhov's Skill: Monroe's interest in model trains comes in handy when he and Nick need to get down the train line fast (it would take hours to walk).
- Come Alone: Ariel tells Nick to not bring any cops. So Nick gets around that by bringing Monroe.
- Fairytale Motifs: The Princess and Dragon trope is deliberately invoked by the antagonist.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Nick kills Fred Eberhart by skewering him with a copper pipe.
- Mundane Utility: The Eberhart family use their flame-based powers in fire-orientated jobs; Fred was a welder, Ariel is a firedancer, and her grandfather was a flamethrower operator in World War II.