When Stan throws a big weekend party to promote the Mystery Shack, Dipper uses an off-kilter copy machine to make clones of himself so he can impress Wendy. Meanwhile, Mabel stands up for her two friends and fights for the Party Queen title in their honor, instead of having the popular girl and her group win.
Tropes in this episode:
- Accidental Misnaming: Pacifica calls Soos/Jesús (hay-soos) "Jorge" (hor-hay).
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: This is the reason Dipper is worried about Robbie "stealing away" Wendy.
- All Guitars Are Stratocasters: Robbie's guitar resembles one.
- Alpha Bitch: Pacifica Northwest.
- Anti-Mutiny: The Dipper Clones rebel when Dipper tries to abandon the plan.
- Assumed Win: Pacifica is so sure she'll win she demands to just be given the Party Crown right away.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Dipper #10 distracts Soos with a laser pointer.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: "Tyrone" is one in Dipper's opinion, and he and Dipper #2 agree on that name for his first copy when they say it in unison as the name they wish they always had.
- Beyond the Impossible: Pacifica wins the contest by bribing McGucket to clap for her. Soos can plainly see it, yet he lets Pacifica win anyway. In reality, if Pacifica had cheated like that, Soos would have disqualified Pacifica, which would have led Mabel to win by default.
- Body Horror: Paper Jam Dipper, who comes out malformed because the copy got jammed.
- Cardboard Prison: Dipper escapes the closet because it was unlocked.
- Cash Lure: One of the Dipper clones uses a dollar bill on a string to keep Grunkle Stan occupied. He realizes it's a trick seconds before diving after it anyway.
- Clone Degeneration: Due to the copier getting jammed, the fourth Dipper is a disturbing malformed creature.
- Clones Are People, Too: All of the clones, save for the arm and the Paper Jam clone, are identical to Dipper in both appearance and personality, and the jammed clone is still self-aware and has feelings. This means that they share the same motivations as Dipper, including their crush on Wendy. Also, the original Dipper shows legitimate concern when Tyrone melts away.
- Cloning Blues: Mostly averted. The clones are all for doing the original Dipper's dirty work and getting nothing in return, and are alright with that until the original deviates from the plan. Tyrone even casually reminds the original that he can be destroyed in the case of a rebellion.
- Confusing Multiple Negatives: Mabel sings a song called "Don't Start Un-Believing", which includes the lyrics "Never don't not feel your feelings!"
- Continuity Nod: The Inconveniencing is referenced several times, including when Dipper and Tyrone sit at at Wendy's hiding spot on the roof, and Wendy mentions the adventure at the convenience store. Soos's keyboard with the "Yeh-Yeah!" sound effect also makes a return.
- Dance Off: Mabel faces off against Pacifica in a dance contest, with the winner to be decided by audience vote. Pacifica wins by one vote, and she bribed Old Man McGucket for it.
- Death Glare: Pacifica gives one to the crowd when she doesn't get enough applause.
- Embarrassing Old Photo: Wendy shows an old photo of herself as a lanky preteen with braces to Dipper. Subverted in that she doesn't seem that embarrassed about it.
- Escort Distraction: Dipper and Tyrone create two more Dipper clones to keep Robbie distracted. They do so by stealing his bike.
- Face Palm: Tyrone does this when Dipper Classic escapes.
- Face Plant: When Mabel attempts a front flip while singing karaoke.
- Four Is Death: The Paper Jam Clone is the fourth full clone made, though the number 4 is given to the next clone after him.
- Genre Savvy: When he first clones himself, Dipper ponders whether his clone will turn on him like in other cloning stories. Tyrone assures him this isn't the case. When they do turn on him, Tyrone claims they both knew he was lying.
- Girl Posse: Pacifica and her two friends.
- Glass-Shattering Sound: Pacifica sings a high note that shatters a plastic cup.
- Hypocritical Humor: When the clones argue over who will replace Dipper Classic:Dipper 5: That makes, like, zero sense.
Dipper 10: *shoves Dipper 5* You make zero sense!
Dipper 5: *shoves Dipper 10 back* Watch it!
Dipper 6: *shoves Dipper 5* Don't shove people!
- I Hate Past Me: The entire reason that the clones rebel is because they haven't learned something that the original Dipper has.
- I Lied:Dipper: Guys, c'mon. We said we weren't gonna turn on each other.
Dipper 2 (Tyrone): I think we all knew we were lying.
- I Resemble That Remark!Pacifica: Oh, Grenda, by the way, you sound like a professional wrestler. (laughs and leaves)
Grenda: I wanna put her in a headlock and make her feel pain!
- Imagine Spot: Dipper has two: One of him dancing with Wendy, and another of Robbie dancing with Wendy.
- Insult Backfire:Mabel: Hi, I'm Mabel.
Pacifica: That sounds like a fat old lady's name.
Mabel: I'll take that as a compliment!
- Kill and Replace: At first, Dipper is unsure that making clones of himself is a good idea, afraid that his clone is going to turn on him. Dipper #2, a.k.a. Tyrone, assures him that since he's Dipper too, he has all the same desires (which include getting closer to Wendy), so he's perfectly happy to help. After all, if he does turn, he can just be dissolved with some water.
- Larynx Dissonance: Grenda.
- Libation for the Dead: Drinking soda with Dipper causes Tyrone to dissolve. Dipper mourns him by pouring one out on the mess - then stops and finishes the can himself.
- Long List: Dipper's plan.
- Meganekko: Candy.
- Mercy Kill: When the sprinklers wipe out most of the clones, Paper Jam Dipper says (through subtitles) that it's better this way for him.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: "Alright party people...and Dipper."
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!:
- The only reason why Dipper's clones attack him is that he decided to deviate from the original plan.
- Dipper convinces the clones that fighting each other is useless since it'll just go on forever... then sucker-punches Tyrone.
- Nobody Poops: Averted. Wendy and Pacifica both make a bathroom break.
- No, You:Dipper 5: That makes, like, zero sense.
Dipper 10: *shoves Dipper 5* You make zero sense!
- Obsessed Are the Listmakers: Dipper makes out a twenty-step plan to get Wendy to dance with him at the party, instead of just going up to her and asking as Mabel suggests. His first plan, which was already twelve steps, he bails on even when it was working, making it obvious that's he's just stalling. It gets to the point where Dipper's clones rebel against him when he tries to ditch the plan.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The episode reveals that Dipper isn't his true name and it come from his Big Dipper-shaped birthmark on his forehead.
- Our Clones Are Identical: The clones are identical aside from being slightly desaturated and having no symbol on their caps, which is where Dipper writes their identifying numbers. Subverted with Paper Jam Dipper, who is very different from the rest thanks to his copy being mangled on the way out.
- Overly Long Gag: Soos trying to find the thunder sound effect on his keyboard during The Stinger.
- Paper People: The clones, right down to falling apart when they get wet.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Dipper writes a "7" on a paper he put on his hat to impersonate one of his clones. It doesn't work for long.
- Punny Name: Pacifica Northwest, Candy Chiu.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Pacifica only manages to win the contest by bribing Old Man McGucket into clapping for her.
- Stylistic Self-Parody: After making his first full clone, Dipper notes that his head is really big.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: After Clones 3 and 4 steal Robbie's bike, Dipper remarks "I wonder who those two guys are, who aren't me because I'm right here?"
- Too Dumb to Live: Tyrone offers to drink some soda with original Dipper, even though any contact with liquid causes him to melt away.
- The Unintelligible: Paper Jam Dipper, who can only make incoherent "NYANG NYANG NYANG" sounds.
- Unsportsmanlike Gloating: Pacifica, before and after winning the contest.
- Weaksauce Weakness: The clones can be destroyed with liquids, namely water and soda.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Clones 3 and 4 are never seen again after stealing Robbie's bike.
- The Defictionalized version of Journal 3 includes an entry from Tracey (Dipper #3) explaining how he and Quattro (#4) had seen Dipper "betray" the rest of the clones and were hiding in the closet, waiting until Dipper fell asleep so they could take over his life and start dating Wendy.
- Which Me?: "Hey buddy! It's me, you."
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Upon learning how Dipper got his name, Wendy jokingly comments that she'd previously just assumed that his parents hated him.
- Wimp Fight: The "clone fight" sequence consists of the various Dippers slapping each other and awkwardly grappling.
- You Are Number 6: Played straight with all the clones except Paper Jam Dipper and Number Two, who is called Tyrone.