While cleaning up the Grandcypher, the crew discovers an unused subgalley. With Ladiva put in charge, the newly established Raduga proves to be a popular hangout for the crew's night owls.
- A Day in the Limelight: The story places much focus on Ladiva, with Jamil, Morphe and Phoebe as deuteragonists. Other significant crew members are Seox, Mary, Syr, Keehar, Hazen, Herja, Sig, Elmott, Suframare, Cain and Leona, all who either help with Ladiva and the Raduga, or have their own problems focused in a few chapters.
- The captain too, particularly in the second half of the event.
- The Cameo: There's an unusually large number of references to other crew members in the story, with some of them briefly appearing out of nowhere. Like most events, however, these references require the player to have a version of the playable characters for them to appear.
- Character Development:
- Phoebe initially struggles to open up to the crew, fearing she might hurt them as she did in Miscolored Memories and become shunned as a result. Fortunately, Morphe manages to convince her to help out in Raduga where she slowly overcomes her anxiety around the crew.
- Unusually for story events, the captain also gets one, overcoming his depression with the help of his friends.
- Dream Spying: Ladiva and Phoebe eventually resort to this to learn the problem surrounding the captain.
- Fighting Your Friend: Ladiva challenges the captain in a duel to help them cope with their depression. This essentially makes her the event's Final Boss.
- Gray Rain of Depression: It's raining very heavily when Ladiva takes out her frustration on the Lignoid on an open field.
- Mr. Exposition: Keehar briefly explains to the crew what the subgalley's purpose is in the first chapter.
- Training Dummy: The Lignoid serves as one in-story, though it actually serves as a midboss in terms of story progression. It later comes into full effect thanks to a later game update, replacing the original training dummies in the Battle Trials menu with the Lignoid.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Downplayed, but Syr's talk about family ends up being overheard by the captain which leads to their depression.