- "Look at that!" Garzooka marveled. "I'm the first non-Brazilian person to travel backwards through time."
Garzooka would soon eat his words when who should appear but Mr. Peabody and his pet human Sherman.
"Correction, Garzooka: you're the third."
"That's right, Mr. Peabody!"
Looks like this has happened before.
When Garzooka accidentally breaks, then fixes, the Coopers' toaster, he goes on a most excellent adventure.
Tropes present in this episode include:
- Alternate Timeline: Garzooka creates one by giving a Chaos Emerald to a then-young (for her age) Athena Sharpivo.
- Been There, Shaped History: Inix Tasma Maria-Jade is present at Lincoln's assassination.
- Halloween Episode: Of a sort; the episode was written for a contest another author was hosting.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: Abraham Lincoln, natch. He and his wife are given a species change, but are basically the same people.
- Our Time Machine Is Different: It's the same as Homer's, but with minor modifications.
- Shout-Out/Whole Plot Reference: To the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror segment Time And Punishment, especially when Garzooka meets up with Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
- The Cameo: Mr. Peabody and Sherman.