New Directions prepare for and perform at Sectionals with dramatic results. They are helped by some of the glee club's graduates, including Quinn and Santana, who are home for the Thanksgiving holiday, resulting in new friendships and the flaming of old rivalries. Rachel and Kurt celebrate Thanksgiving in New York and Kurt starts to mend his relationship with Blaine.
Next Time: The fallout from Sectionals, plus the most visually revolting moment in Glee history. And that's not hyperbole.
- Homeward Bound/Home by Simon & Garfunkel and Phillip Phillips, performed by Quinn, Puck, Mike, Santana, Mercedes, and Finn.
- Come See About Me by The Supremes, performed by the Unholy Trinity
- Whistle by Flo Rida, performed by the Warblers
- Live While We're Young by One Direction, performed by the Warblers
- Let's Have a Kiki/Turkey Lurkey Time by Scissor Sisters and from Promises, Promises, performed by Rachel, Kurt, Isabelle Wright, and the partygoers
- Over the River and Through the Woods/She'll be Coming Round the Mountain by Lydia Maria Child and Carl Sandburg, performed by the Rosedale Mennonites
- Gangnam Style by PSY, performed by Tina and Ryder with New Directions
- Commuting on a Bus: Will arrives for Sectionals.
- Fantastic Racism: Tina being made lead for "Gangnam Style" because she's Korean.
- Feet-First Introduction: The episode opens with a shot of Quinn's wedge-heeled sandals as she's walking onto the stage.
- Funny Background Event: A variant. When the Unholy Trinity performs, we hear Sugar shout "Do my favorite". By this time, Vanessa Lengies was made aware of the "Sugar From The Future" fan theory and decided to incorporate it into this episode, implying that in the future, "Come See About Me" became her favorite song.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The Warblers performing "Whistle", about oral sex. Also, Quinn cutting short her reasons why Jake Puckerman should stay away from the innocent girls and being deliberately vague about her affair with a professor.
- Les Yay: Pretty much anything involving Quinn and Santana - together or separately. In particular is the Unholy Trinity's dance and their slapping contest.
- "Not Important to This Episode" Camp: Beiste
- Thanksgiving Episode: Besides the coming home and cooking a turkey parts, completely averted - even with the title.
- The Cameo: Dianna Agron as Quinn Fabray, Mark Salling as Noah Puckerman, Harry Shum Jr as Mike Chang, Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones.