Zapp Brannigan loses interest in Leela and instead turns his attentions towards her mother, Turanga Munda, who just divorced her husband.
This episode provides examples of:
- Call-Back: Leela adopts her disguise as "Lee Lemon" in order to spy on one of her mother's dates with Zapp during their Falling-in-Love Montage.
- Divorce Is Temporary: Leela's parents get back together in the end.
- Ignore The Fanservice: At some point, Leela attempts to prove her theory that Zapp is really interested in her by inviting him over for dinner. She tries to seduce him wearing seductive pink lingerie and dancing briefly on a laser stripper pole, but he refuses her.Zapp: Does your mother know you're using her pole?
- My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels: After negotiating a peace treaty between the Carcorons, Zapp attempts to thank them in their native language instead of using the Universal Translator provided. It comes out as "I'd like to spank your sister with a slice of bologna." Needless to say, the peace treaty was off.
- Noodle Incident: Kif reminds Zapp that the last time he tried to speak to someone in their native language they not only got kicked out of a Mexican restaurant, the restaurant declared war.Kif: Oh, it's the battle of Paco's Tacos all over again!
- Operation: Jealousy: Leela suspects Zapp is dating her mother to get her jealous.
- Reality Ensues: Morris decides to pursue his youthful dream of surfing the world's greatest sewers. Leela gets Bender and Fry, a man with a one-thousand year old immune system, to accompany him. Later in the episode, Fry is seen getting endless shots from a pile of syringes to combat the huge array of diseases he caught in the sewers.
- Sky Surfing: Morris saves the day by using the disabled Nimbus as a surfboard to ride the shock waves from the Carcaron's weapon blasts.
- Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace: Morris stows away on the Planet Express Ship to stop Munda's wedding to Zapp.
- Surfer Dude: After his divorce, Turanga Morris dedicates himself to surfing the world's sewers.
- Two-Timer Date: Zapp scheduled his wedding to Munda on the same day he had rescheduled the Carcaron peace treaty negotiation.
- Why Waste a Wedding?: Zapp isn't too broken up about losing Munda. He officiates her remarriage to Morris on the spot.