Planet Express is going bankrupt (Again) so to raise money they convert their delivery company into an airline service. Some "difficulties" between the males and females result in a crash landing on a planet with a mineral-based life form, who uses them for test subjects of its studies, including playing hob with their genders.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Fry during his bikini shoot. The Professor... not so much.
- Brick Joke: Midway through, Fry hits his groin on a stalagmite but it doesn't hurt. He checks and immediately notices the problem. His groin area is gone. At the end, when his manly features are restored, Fry tries riding a bicycle and hits his groin again, this time with the proper effect.
- Charity Workplace Calendar: In order to keep Planet Express afloat the Professor decides to put out a "Girls of Planet Express' calendar to raise money. The female employees aren't interested and are offended, but after an alien switches the Planet Express male and female sexes the now female (formerly male) Planet Express employees enthusiastically put together the calendar.
- Continuity Nod: Female!Bender looks like Coilette, from "Bend Her".
- Most of the first calendar shoot with Amy, Leela and La Barbara. Particularly when Leela is wearing nothing on her upper body except suspenders.
- Plus, all three in a scene washing the ship in bikini. Seems another shoot for the calendar and instead was just ordinary routine. Indeed, for Amy is not the first time.
- Fan Disservice: The second part of the Girly Calendar with the men-turned-woman. It starts out nice, then rapidly becomes very disturbing.
- Feet-First Introduction: The first we see of the Professor is his slippers... well his slipper walking aid.
- First Law of Gender-Bending: Appears to occur to Scruffy, as he is in the bathroom when everybody else is returned to their normal gender. However, this is actually subverted, as in the next episode "Benderama", Scruffy is seen returned to normal.
- Gender Bender: The alien swaps sexes of the entire Planet Express crew. Leela and Amy do not enjoy being male, while Fry, Bender, and the other men-turned-women find the experience fun. And in a Call-Back, Bender's female form is Coilette.
- Mars-and-Venus Gender Contrast: The episode exaggerates the differences between men and women for comedic purposes, before introducing a Sufficiently Advanced Alien who creates harmony by making everyone gender-neutral. Everyone's fine with it until they realize it means no more sex, at which point they demand their genders back — only the alien gets a few things wrong.
- Never Trust a Trailer: The commercials for "Neutopia" made it appear that the cast being Gender Bent would be the focus of the episode. It doesn't happen until the last five minutes, and most of the jokes in those five minutes were shown in the commercials.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: The Borax Kid is a mineral version of Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind.
- Sexy Stewardess: Leela, Amy and LaBarbarba become this when the Planet Express ship is changed into a commercial airline.Leela: There. It was hard work, but it beats posing in demeaning, skimpy modelling outfits.Professor Farnsworth: Ladies, here are your demeaning, skimpy stewardess outfits.
- Shown Their Work: When everyone is neutered, some of them exclaim about losing their sexual body parts. Zoidberg yells, "My gonopores!" and when everyone gives him a funny look he tells them to look it up. Indeed, gonopores are a lobster's equivalent to private parts.
- Testes Test: Done twice. First everyone checks up on themselves when their genitals are gone and again later when they are restored.