Lrrr, RULER OF OMICRON PERSEI VIII, is once again having problems with Ndnd. Kicked out of his castle, he finds refuge on Earth, and undergoes a mid-life crisis.
- Brick Joke: At the Comicon, Lrr's only success is that he buys J.J. Abrams' face for Ndnd, who complains there's no point to it, since he never takes her anywhere she can wear it. When they attend a play about how the Omicronians took over Earth, she uses it as a lorgnette.
- Chekhov's Gun: Quite literal, in this case. In the beginning Farnsworth confesses that the vaporizing guns sold on the back of comic books are actually Teleport Guns. This comes in handy later on when Fry is hit with one.
- Continuity Nod: When Lrrr and Leela meet at Comicon, Leela nonchalantly remarks that Lrrr once tried to eat her, as seen in "The Problem With Popplers".
- Disney Death: Fry's Heroic Sacrifice by taking a hit from a vaporizer, which turned out to be a teleporter.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: Lrrr getting date-raped by a "cross-species-dresser" (a human woman in a incredibly convincing Omicronian costume) is Played for Laughs.
- Gone Horribly Right: The plan to get Ndnd to take Lrrr back by faking his conquest of Earth. Zapp overheard the fake broadcast, thought it was real, and surrender Earth's defenses to Lrrr, thus making his conquest real.
- Urrmrmrfrr or Consequences, otherwise known as Truth or Consequences
- Orson Welles complaining about Fry's script is a reference to the infamous Frozen Peas commercial.
- When Fry mentions calling Orson, Bender paraphrases Mork of Mork & Mindy and his catchphrase ("Dork calling Orson, dork calling Orson.")
- Something Else Also Rises: Inverted. When Bender sees a fold-out of a naked Omicronian woman, his eyes flop.
- Stylistic Suck: Fry's 'Deliveryman' comic. Besides the bad artwork...
- Boring Invincible Hero: As Leela points out, there's no real peril as the title character, with thirty-something superpowers, is never in any real danger.
- Not to mention the broadcast.
- Taking the Bullet: Fry takes a hit from a Disintegrator Ray aimed at Leela. Fortunately, it was actually a Teleport Gun.
- Whole Plot Reference: The faked invasion is one both in and out of universe to the old War of the Worlds broadcast that caused a panic.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: Orson Welles complains about Fry's poorly written scenario. He's bribed into compliance with a cheese log.
- Your Costume Needs Work: Lrrr invades Earth during the costume contest at the San Diego ComicCon and is mistaken for another contestant.