Chandler and Monica sneak away to a romantic weekend. Ross tries to tell Rachel how he promised Emily that he would never see her again.
- Bait-and-Switch: Phoebe seems to know what's going on in the living room between Mondler and Joey... they're trying to take him!
- Both Sides Have a Point: Monica's concern that the room wasn't cleaned properly was founded and as for the other rooms she just wanted to get her money's worth. Chandler was right too that they could've just waited till the car-chase was over and she caused him to miss the whole thing
- Chekhov's Gun: Monica left her eyelash curler at the hotel, but since the room was in Chandler's name, his apartment got called about it and Joey answered the phone. As a result, he's able to realize what it means when Monica mentions to Rachel that she lost an eyelash curler.
- Crazy-Prepared: Joey reveals that, because of when Ross and Rachel had that fight and they became trapped in the bedroom, he hid an emergency kit under the bed just in case it happened again after Ross said "Rachel" at the wedding.
- Deconstructed Trope: Unlike on a lot of TV shows (including this one, no less), one fight doesn't have to mean the end of a relationship.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: When Chandler assumes he and Monica are over after their fight, Monica explains that one doesn't give up after one fight, and comes to a realization about Chandler's bad luck with women.Monica: Chandler, you just don't give up after you have a fight. I mean, if you do that you'd never have a relationship lasting longer than... Ohhhhh.
- Hot Pursuit: Chandler tries to watch a high-speed car chase that is on the news. Apparently the chase doesn't end well as Chandler tells Monica not to speak ill of the dead after she calls the driver an idiot.
- Internal Reveal: Joey becomes the first one to find out about Chandler and Monica.
- Lampshade Hanging: Monica's realization about breaking up after one fight lampshades the show's frequent use of Minor Flaw, Major Breakup and Girl of the Week.
- Official Couple: Mondler as of this episode.
- Oh, Crap!: Joey's memorable reaction to realizing that Chandler and Monica hooked up.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!:Ross: What are you doing?
Rachel: Storming out!
Ross: Rachel, this is your apartment.
Rachel: Yeah, well, that's how mad I am!
- The Triple: Ross offers to be the one who steps away from the group, justifying it by saying that plenty of people only see their sister at Thanksgiving, their college roommate at reunions, and "Joey at Burger King."
- Verbal Backspace: During Chandler and Monica's fight.Chandler: I just wanted to watch a little TV. Okay, relax, mom.
Monica: What did you just say?
Chandler: I said relax, Monnnn.