When Phoebe is forced to reveal that she married a gay Canadian friend of hers to help him stay in the country, it prompts the secrets of the other friends to come to light. Monica had sex with Fun Bobby out on the terrace and flung her underwear on the telephone wire, Chandler has a third nipple, and Joey was an extra in a porno movie.
Meanwhile, a jealous Rachel continues to try to sabotage Ross's relationship with Julie by convincing him to postpone sleeping with her.
- Citizenship Marriage: The reason Phoebe married Duncan, who's Canadian.
- Coming Straight Story: Duncan revealing that he's not gay like everyone thought, complete with mentions of how he "experimented" with women in college but assumed it was a phase.
- Does This Remind You of Anything??: Played for laughs. The way Duncan reveals he's realized that he's straight is exactly how you'd expect a gay guy to come out.
- Incompatible Orientation: Phoebe was in love with Duncan despite everyone including Duncan himself thinking he was gay. Eventually averted as Duncan has since realized he's actually straight.
- I Was Young and Needed the Money: Joey's explanation for why he was in a porn movie.
- Out of Character Is Serious Business: The last time Duncan left town, Phoebe was so depressed that she ate a cheeseburger despite being a strict vegetarian.
- Shout-Out: When Ross asks Chandler if his third nipple does anything special, he sarcastically says that it opens "the delivery entrance to the magical land of Narnia."
- Spear Carrier: Joey's role in the porn was an in-universe one of these. When he couldn't go through with actually participating in the er....acts he was given the role of "Guy Who Walks In On Couple And Stays to Watch".
- Take Our Word for It: The audience doesn't see any of Joey's porn movie; we only have the character's reactions to go by.
- Triple Nipple: Chandler is revealed to have a "nubbin".
- Truth-Telling Session: The reveal that Phoebe is married prompts the others to start blurting out secrets about each other out of spite.