- Body Horror: Jack, as usual. This time his horrible nails.
- Credits Montage: Sees out the episode and the entire series.
- Driven to Suicide: Father Kevin until Ted talks him off the window ledge. And then back again when Father Kevin overhears Radiohead.
- Eagleland: Very much the second type. A Hollywood-style priest called Buzz Cagney whose parish rakes in millions a year and allows him serving girls in his luxurious parochial house tries to con Ted into being the priest in an area of LA riddled with gangs.
- Gangsterland: Where Ted nearly ends up.
- Imagine Spot: When Ted can't bring himself to tell Dougal, Mrs Doyle and Jack that they can't come to America he imagines them as a Beagal, a little girl and a singing grandad-type respectively.
- Literal-Minded: Ted thinks Buzz actually 'wipes (his) ass with $400 dollars'.
- Mistaken for Gay: Buzz thinks Dougal and Ted are a couple.
- Oh, Crap!: Ted realises he'll be sent to a parish in a violent area of Los Angeles and not a glamorous one.
- Running Gag: Ted's fluffy bottom, which even Buzz over in the States has heard about.