When Mrs. Doyle wins a competition where the prize is an evening tea with Eoin McLove, an Irish Tv personality beloved of older women, Ted and the rest of the parochial house must endure Eoin, who turns out to be a lot less agreeable than his TV persona. Unfortunately, word of Eoin's presence gets out and Ted and co find themselves besieged in a parody of most zombie films.
Tropes featured in this episode:
- Bait-and-Switch: Ted and Dougal are trying to figure a way to get Eoin out of the house without the women seeing. Jack suddenly leans forward in his chair, trying to say something, but then sits back, having forgotten what he was about to say. A few moments later, he leans forward again, getting Ted and Dougal's attention as they wait with bated breath for what he has to say...Jack: DRINK! FECK! ARSE! GIRLS!Ted: Yes, thank you, Father! I think we need more concrete ideas than that!
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Mrs. Doyle inadvertantly lets slip the date of Eoin's visit to Craggy Island. Mrs. Boyle, her friend who hears, promises not to tell...and then promptly travels the length and breadth of Craggy Island spreading the word.
- Chekhov's Gun: William Shatner's Tek Wars.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Eoin's long suffering PA, Patsy, definitely falls somewhere between this and acting like a mother trying to deal with a misbehaving child.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Eoin takes this to a whole other level.Ted: Eoin! Don't eat the jam from the jar!Eoin: Leave me alone, I can have you killed.
- Here We Go Again!: Judging from Patsy's reaction of "Oh no, not again", this is not the first time Eoin's been cornered by a mob of women.
- Freudian Excuse: "I have no willy"
- Goo Goo Getup: Eoin on the cover of one of his albums, arms up-stretched with an imploring look on his face.
- Manchild: Eoin McLove. He makes Dougal look responsible.
- Noodle Incident:
- Ted and Mrs. Doyle mention, while trying to convince the women to go home, that one woman's husband tried to wash a cup without her and burned down the house, and another tried to make the bed by himself and lost a leg.
- Also Patsy's reaction to the mob of women.
- Oh, No... Not Again!: Patsy's reaction to the mob of women.
- Pass the Popcorn: When the old ladies break through the front door to try and grab at Eoin, while Ted, Dougal and Patsy try to break him free, Jack, meanwhile fetches a chair and a drink and sits back to watch.
- Rule of Three: Jack finally blurts out his catchphrases on the third attempt, as seen above.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Eoin's awfully saccharine television show.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Spoofed.