- Bullying a Dragon: Well, kicking one up the arse.
- Father Jessup comes across Jack holding Bishop Brennan's bottle of sherry, and moves to confront him. End result: Jessup is locked in Jack's dirty underpants hamper.
- Cassandra Truth: Father Jessop's pleas to be let out of Father Jack's underwear basket are interpreted by Mrs Doyle as yet more sarcasm so she leaves him there.
- Delayed Reaction: Brennan doesn't realise Ted kicked him up the arse until several days later...in the middle of an audience with the Pope.Bishop Brennan: He did kick me up the arse!
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Ted kicks the terrifying Bishop Brennan right up the arse.
- Does Not Understand Sarcasm: Mrs Doyle.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Ted only gets caught when Bishop Brennan sees the giant blown-up image of the act which Ted had drunkenly ordered.
- Imagine Spot: The episode opens with Ted imagining being thrown into a volcano in his next parish.
- Incoming Ham: An enraged Bishop Brennan charges at the parochial house with billowing cape and kicks the front door in, all the while shrieking a blood-curdling "Crilllllyyyyyyy!"
- Mistaken for Gay: Bishop Brennan sees Ted and Dougal whimpering and holding each other for comfort like Laurel and Hardy and remarks 'Now, this is a new one!'
- Noodle Incident: Father Dick Byrne lost the darts tournament and had to say 'bollocks' very loudly in front of President Mary Robinson.
- Precision F-Strike:Bishop Brennan: You mean we have to stay here? Tonight?Ted: Well...yes.Bishop Brennan: Oh bollocks.
- Refuge in Audacity: Ted nearly succeeds in getting away with his act because it was so outrageous that Bishop Brennan couldn't believe it actually happened.
- Sarcasm Mode: Father Jessup's only setting.
- Father Jack goes into an extreme version of this when ordered to apologise to Brennan.
- Say My Name: ''CRIIILLLLYYYYYY!'
- Super Window Jump: Ted resorts to this after Father Jessup catches him trying to kick Bishop Brennan.Bishop Brennan: What happened there?Father Jessup: Crilly just... jumped through the window.
- Tempting Fate: Just as Dougal assures Ted that the bishop won't ever visit, the phone rings.
- The Cloud Cuckoo Lander Was Right: Through a sound chain of reasoning, Dougal of all people comes up with a successful plan to kick the bishop up the arse and get away with it. It only fails due to Ted's hubris, as seen above.
- Trrrilling Rrrs: Bishop Brennan has to go to 'RRRRRome' for an audience with the Pope.
Recap / Father Ted S 3 E 6 Kicking Bishop Brennan Up The Arse